My TFC Arrived

I do NOT like my choices taken away but you make a valid point.
TuneECU cracked the locked ECUs on other models. Eventually they will do this for the new Rockets and a Power Commander will come out too. Triumph has already increased the compression significantly but it will be a while before aftermarket exhausts, cat eliminators and cams will be out. Triumph limited power in the original Rockets just in the tunes but also in the hardware. Since the TFC gets 180 hp, Triumph limited the power on the R and GT models intentionally. It must be a marketing ploy, like they pulled with the “unrestricted” Roadster. The allure of these new bikes for me is not the power, which is about the same as the rear wheel as my last Rocket, but the huge technical improvements in the design.

TuneECU cracked the locked ECUs on other models. Eventually they will do this for the new Rockets and a Power Commander will come out too. Triumph has already increased the compression significantly but it will be a while before aftermarket exhausts, cat eliminators and cams will be out. Triumph limited power in the original Rockets just in the tunes but also in the hardware. Since the TFC gets 180 hp, Triumph limited the power on the R and GT models intentionally. It must be a marketing ploy, like they pulled with the “unrestricted” Roadster. The allure of these new bikes for me is not the power, which is about the same as the rear wheel as my last Rocket, but the huge technical improvements in the design.
It might be that the R and GT are so much restricted as the TFC already having the pipe could get a livelier tune? If you want the public to pay more you do have to offer something foe the money other than just a number on the plate.

It might be that the R and GT are so much restricted as the TFC already having the pipe could get a livelier tune? If you want the public to pay more you do have to offer something foe the money other than just a number on the plate.
Yeah, marketing. But the TFC is also lighter. The 1700 VMax comes with 200 hp at the crank, no ifs ands or buts.

What are the 2 little bonnets for that come in the TFC back pack? I guess the barrel lock cylinders are some kind of helmet lock.

YEP several bikes make 200+ HP and ???
Just saying that all of the stock Rockets including the new one were underpowered by design. Triumph could have easily gotten 180 hp rear wheel with higher compression pistons and hotter cams. I mention the VMax only because it comes stock with a high performance motor like sport bikes but it is set up as a cruiser.

My V8 Chopper had 520hp and my Boss Hoss was just under 400hp. I like hp as much or more than the next guy but the handling of the new R3 is what I'm excited about. My F6B was the last bike I owner that handled great but I totaled it out with just 1000 miles on it...hit a deer. But it was fun till then. ;)

The reason why I specifically asked you about the power is you have a 231 hp bike? I wonder if a guy is used to over 200 hp if the TFC might feel a little soft in the motor?

I wonder if the new rocket puts the power down better with the new suspension and electronics. so many questions:)

As said, its the whole package. My classic is just raw, which i like

Last edited:
Yes but you would have to be willing to buy a Yamaha.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

No, no I would not.

I appreciate the motor in the VMAX, but that bike has always been weird to me. It's butt ugly for one thing and then it's not really a sport bike, not a cruiser, but more of a straight line performance machine. Maybe they have improved the handling for 2020, but whatever, still not buying one.

Back