Oh here's other side of radiator I think his workmanship is amazing and amazed I got him to do my bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_145340.jpg
    IMG_20200222_145340.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 49
All the parts are alluminum including side covers on both side of tank. It's not going to weigh that much more then original Rocket except for the extra gas. The only extra metal is the extended back fender and the extended front fender , my guess is 50 pounds more if that not including the extra gas. NOT SURE I'll ever notice being more slower:) if I do I'll just get Neves Cams when I get extra money saved up:)
My Daughter got excepted to vet School in Australia at Murdoch in Perth and my wife and I are flying out some time in June maybe I'll have enough money saved to pick some Nev cams up need to see if he's close bye, I wonder if I can put them in my suit case and bring home? Save shipping cost

It is fun watching your project progress. Hope you are able to get those cams while down South...of course last time I checked Australia is still a big country/continent for being an island nation and all so you might have a bit of a road trip during your visit to take your high achieving daughter to school. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Jay that means a lot to me.
My Daughter will be in Perth, Western Australia I'm up and down on getting Nevs cams and Pistons seems that to get the guys that are familiar with installing his stuff is in the States it's been all ready all most a year I have not ridden my bike:(
And my Daughter is going to be in Australia for at least four years, so we have been thinking if my Daughter really likes it there we ship my bike there and stay a bit and if we like it and my Daughter doest want to leave we might Stay .
Either way if my bike is there then have Nev do it:)
And now my dog is costing a lot of money gurrr. Daughter is trying to get a student loan mean while we need to come up with money , so there is a lot of stuff going on right now.
But we are very proud of her a problem child that got her grades up and to get excepted into vet school.:)

And wife will be so happy when bike is finished because I said I'm not cutting my hair until my bike is done and it's getting really long:)

Yeah the top picture of that ship is really close on color I picked, the paint on scull is what I picked it's a chrome special effect paint.
Yes, That will be unique. Ghost chrome looks better than regular chrome.

Just throwing some ideas out there.
I was thinking Black Chrome for the tank top section and wide stripes for fenders with small red or orange accent stripes . Like this only wider:

triumph-stripes.jpg

Here is a reference video showing what a fully chromed Rocket looks like 'nude'.

Wow that looks really cool
I don't think mine is going to be as chrome, I think mine will have more black in.
But it is very nice

Wow that looks really cool
I don't think mine is going to be as chrome, I think mine will have more black in.
But it is very nice

Yes, a little too chrome.
I found these as well for inspiration.

So here is a rare Shelby Cobra with polished aluminum and subtle brushed aluminum stripes.
Maybe a similar contrast -black chrome stripes with your ghost black silver paint??

kirkham-cobra-polished-aluminum.jpg

I saw one in titanium with black stripes that was sharp too.

Have you seen this one-off Shelby bike? I forgot a lot of Shelbys had white stripes.
Maybe a hint of ghost blue rather than ghost black and with white stripes would be cool too.

blue-cobra_profile.jpg

cobra_cover.jpg

Maybe too chrome but something similar to this blue tint for the ghost effect highlights:

bluechromehelmet001.jpg

Yes that's the cobra that expired my decision I was going to to my gas tank and fenders as well in alluminum and have it all polished and the stripes brushed that would have cost a lost more .:)
That bike is cool never seen that very nice..

Back