Modified Tunes for The R3 Touring

What to expect from the R3T:

Solid lines = power
Dashed lines = torque

Red - stock R3T with holes drilled in baffles (stock exhaust). TORS tune.
Orange - Above after tuning with TuneEdit.

Green - R3T with Jardines, secondary throttle plates removed, and triple K&N RU-2780 under bearclaw. TORS tune.
Blue - Above after Tuning with TuneEdit.

I can post up the results from Wayne Macdonal'ds R3T tune if needed. But we made big improvements over it on both bikes above, and even more since.
I hope this helps.

-Wayne at Power-tripp.com

Has anyone got a TuneECU version of GPMAZ's tune? I want to go this route but don't have access to a Tuneboy.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to import Gpmaz's tune a couple posts back into TuneECU. Any help appreciated.

PC3 Tune advice

Good Day;
Just got my 06 R3 back on the road, still new to me since I picked it up in Dec.
Question: I have Jardines and its time to add the PC3, I have a PC3 coming, but my R3 is not on the stock tune, its on the off road tune right now. I was told that if I put the PC3 on it, it might not run, that it needs to be set back to the stock tune first, but with the stock tune and the Jardines, it wont run there either. The dealer tells me I will have to tow.
True?
can't I do this myself??
any advice?
the airbox is still untouched, any advice there?
I did a lot over the winter, new paint, etc, but just getting to this part as i just got the bike back together on Friday.

More Pics to follow!

IMG_0599.jpg

tunes

Your dealer is full of crap, whatever new tune you put in will overwrite the old one.
Go here read up on it and find a tune for your bike.
TuneECU_Start

Tunes

MacRider
Just looked there, does this mean that I don't NEED an PC#, that I can just customize my own ECU, without a PC?
Or do I still add it, and this is software that is better written than the maps from the PC site?

thanks for the info

Good Day;
Just got my 06 R3 back on the road, still new to me since I picked it up in Dec.
Question: I have Jardines and its time to add the PC3, I have a PC3 coming, but my R3 is not on the stock tune, its on the off road tune right now. I was told that if I put the PC3 on it, it might not run, that it needs to be set back to the stock tune first, but with the stock tune and the Jardines, it wont run there either. The dealer tells me I will have to tow.
True?
can't I do this myself??
any advice?
the airbox is still untouched, any advice there?
I did a lot over the winter, new paint, etc, but just getting to this part as i just got the bike back together on Friday.

More Pics to follow!

IMG_0599.jpg

Yes, the dealer is somewhat full of it. You need to install the O2 controller that comes with the PCIII. This attaches to the connector that goes from the ECU to the O2 sensor in the exhaust. Take off the triangular cover on the right side, disconnect the connector, and plug in the O2 controller.

You can load a "zero map" into the PCIII, which means none of the cells have trims and it simply passes the signals from the ECU to the injectors.

As to your question about are there tunes you can load using TuneECU instead of using the PCIII. I haven't seen a custom dyno tune just for Jardines.

There is a tune by Power Tripp for Jardines plus triple K&N filters.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_...cketIII/Power-Tripp Jardine 3xK&NRU-2780a.zip

This would be great if you want to install the triple K&N's. It's pretty easy and you get more power.

However, without the triple filters, this could be a bit rich. There is also a custom tune for TORs:

http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tunes_in_...III/20050DynoFinalMap_TOR_CatBypass_Decel.zip

This could be a bit lean but the stock tune you have in there now for TORs is leaner.

You want to put one of these custom tunes in because they open the secondaries 100%, which restricts the power.

Then with the PCIII installed, you can go to a good DynoJet tuner to optimize your fueling if necessary.

PS -in both of these tunes, uncheck the O2 sensor box.

It's possible that you could find a tuner with extensive experience tuning directly with TuneECU, but it's doubtful. In that case, you wouldn't need a PCIII.

Back