Modified Tunes for The R3 Touring

Thanks to GPMAZ for forwarding this tune.

From Wayne at Tuneboy:

Tune based on R3T, TORS, triple Tuneboy pod filters. Dyno'd at 138/150.

Attachments

• 20235TuneModSEC100_Mod_138hp_final.dat
    333.4 KB · Views: 495
No. Wayne at Tuneboy did not include that feature on Tunedit for the R3T because the rear tire is speed rated for 110 mph. Otherwise the speed limiter appears under the tune constants tab.

I will shoot him an email, I do not have the crap Bridgestone tires anymore, they delaminated on me, I am running V-rated tires now.

HEAD

Thanks to GPMAZ for forwarding this tune.

From Wayne at Tuneboy:

Tune based on R3T, TORS, triple Tuneboy pod filters. Dyno'd at 138/150.

Is this the appropriate Tune for all of the above + Secondaries Removed and O2 Sensor Disconnected (Replaced with Dyna O2 Sensor Eliminator)?

Is this the appropriate Tune for all of the above + Secondaries Removed and O2 Sensor Disconnected (Replaced with Dyna O2 Sensor Eliminator)?

Yes. You will need to un-check the box for O2 Sensor fitted.

Just curious, why did you remove the O2 sensor? From a series of email exchanges with Wayne, he advised me to leave it connected. His contention was that the O2 sensor only comes into play during closed loop running which really amounts to just cruising down the road. When you go into open loop, pretty much any time you whack the throttle open, the ECM bypasses the O2 sensor info and runs off the map loaded.

Yes. You will need to un-check the box for O2 Sensor fitted.

Just curious, why did you remove the O2 sensor? From a series of email exchanges with Wayne, he advised me to leave it connected. His contention was that the O2 sensor only comes into play during closed loop running which really amounts to just cruising down the road. When you go into open loop, pretty much any time you whack the throttle open, the ECM bypasses the O2 sensor info and runs off the map loaded.

I was following the pig9r triple K & N Installation Instructions. I still have everything apart of it's better to put it back in.

I (and others have found) that even though the disable O2 sensor box is checked in Tuneboy, it still trims fueling out somewhat. For me popping on decel would return over time.

Also I figure I would remove it just incase the sensor heater is also disabled so it won't get fouled up. With the O2 bypass in place there is no doubt that it will stay open loop and not lean the fuel trims back out. Plus it covers the connection nicely. You can always hook it back up.

I didn't mean to imply one should disable the O2 sensor in Tuneboy without removing the sensor. Very likely that would disable the heater and damage the sensor.

I have not had any decel popping issues on my R3T and haven't noticed any change in performance. But, I haven't put it back on a dyno to check A/F ratios again either.

Since you have already purchased the part to remove the O2 sensor, and have it apart I'd go ahead and finish it that way. Just make sure you un-check the box in Tuneboy, otherwise you'll probably set an error code.

Last edited:
Back