Modified Tunes for The R3 Touring

I can't wait to get to it! I am awaiting the 18mm plug for the manifold/ exhaust and the Filters which should arrive today. The Tuneboy arrived yesterday, so I'm just about set. Of course, just in time for the temperatures to drop in PA. It's supposed to be a low of 17F on Thursday with a high of 30! :rolleyes:

Tunes for R3T

Wondering if anyone could be of help. I have an R3T and im going to modify it by putting on the D&D exhaust pipes and the K&N intake. Which tune would be best to use??

Wondering if anyone could be of help. I have an R3T and im going to modify it by putting on the D&D exhaust pipes and the K&N intake. Which tune would be best to use??

If by K&N intake you mean the replacement drop-in K&N filter you can use the 20258 tune from Wayne's website:

TuneBoy V3.0 Tune List

If you are installing the 3 K&N filters, then use the tune at the top of this thread.

If the tune you're looking at opens the secondaries 100% in all table positions, the tune will be appropriate for removed secondaries as well.

I don't know enough about the tunes to know for sure that just opening (or removing) the secondaries in and of itself, requires adding more fuel.

If the tune you're looking at opens the secondaries 100% in all table positions, the tune will be appropriate for removed secondaries as well.

I don't know enough about the tunes to know for sure that just opening (or removing) the secondaries in and of itself, requires adding more fuel.

I'll try it and see what happens.

If you remove the secondaries without changing the values in the secondaries table to 100%, the fuel won't be right. If you change the secondaries table in Tuneboy, the fuel should adjust. I don't know this for sure either but it makes sense because - the main fuel tables (F tables) in different Triumph tunes are the same but the values in the secondaries tables in these tunes are different, i.e., more or less restricted.

If you remove the secondaries without changing the values in the secondaries table to 100%, the fuel won't be right. If you change the secondaries table in Tuneboy, the fuel should adjust. I don't know this for sure either but it makes sense because - the main fuel tables (F tables) in different Triumph tunes are the same but the values in the secondaries tables in these tunes are different, i.e., more or less restricted.

I'll have to check tonight but I was under the impression that this tune already had the secondaries at 100%.

So it does. You asked whether you also needed to add fuel in the fuel tables to compensate.

As a Tuneboy Newby, I guess I have a lot to learn. I just got my Tune Edit Key in e-mail last night, so I'll be busy this weekend after I get the Rocket all put back together! :)

Back