magnetic Oil Sump Plugs?

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
I am wondering if anyone has bought and installed magnetic drain plugs for your oil sump? I have used them on my bikes in the past, but they typically have a hex head that protrudes from the drain hole. On this Rocket, I see it is a recessed hex bolt, M14, 1.5 thread. Just seeing if anyone what others have bought and used.

@warp9.9 hence why I am asking. I see a lot of magnetic bolts with the protruding hex head, but I am looking for a recessed hex head. Looks like Mazda uses it in some of their models, but I haven't been able to cross-check to a magnetic bolt. Gold Plug lists a drain plug for the rocket, but it is a reduced height hex head that still sticks out. Likely to high-center on something.

@warp9.9 hence why I am asking. I see a lot of magnetic bolts with the protruding hex head, but I am looking for a recessed hex head. Looks like Mazda uses it in some of their models, but I haven't been able to cross-check to a magnetic bolt. Gold Plug lists a drain plug for the rocket, but it is a reduced height hex head that still sticks out. Likely to high-center on something.
Ive seen guys do it with just whats there each time new sump. Plus the front left plug which has a O ring on it and thus performs a couple operations one of which is iscolating the tank so it doesn't leak down. I doubt you'll find anything for that. Thw considering everything that is still in the veins of the sump pan and the two fine screens at the other two plugs you will only collect fine particals. I honestly think your wasting your time. Wait until you take your sump down and pull the screens to clean. You'll be amazed at the machining swarf that will be in them especially the rear one.

@warp9.9 thanks for the insights. I forgot about the screens. I figured the only plugs that would be replaced are the sump plugs, but will reconsider.

Back