Oil light on, no neutral light and won't start....

Rocketdave

.020 Over
Ride
2010 R3T black and cream
I took the handle bars off and left them over the tank (to measure up for some risers). Bike was running fine up to this point.
Left it overnight (thought I'd put it back in the morning).
Put it back together, the oil light is now on and there in no neutral light and the bike won't start.

I've seen a few variants of this problem but nothing exact and all I did was rest the bars on the bike overnight. I've even checked the brake reservoir level (which is fine).
Anyone? (sigh)
Rocket 3T 2010

You are an absolute star! Ive been moving the bike a lot on the stand to get to some of the bolts. Lifted the side stand, bike started, put the stand down and its still fine so whilst its a dirty connection somewhere, it isn't serious!! Dok, cheers Bro!

I just knew if the neutral light isn't on, then the ECU thinks it's in gear and won't start with the stand down.

Problem is I fitted a replacement alarm a couple of weeks ago (the other one melted, literally) so my brain still hasn't got around the 'KISS' principle and I look for the most complicated! :). Its OK, I'll take the banter. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The reason I remember about the neutral light is because my GPS has been out for a while so I never get a neutral light, and always have to raise my stand before starting.

Back