Looking for a good tune.

jjerdonjr

Commander Road Rash
Ride
2003 Suzuki Intrude 1500 & 2009 Suzuki C109RT
My 2014 R3T ABS is for the most part stock. I like the original look of the exhaust, manifold and Bearpaw. I just love the look. I am looking for a time that will release the full potential of the stock motor. I know it is being held back and want to release the beast.

I looked at the 2021 but not liking what Triumph considers the new touring model so looking into buying another 14 style touring and redo that one with all the internal mods I like and to play but still have my original "looking" bike to ride 2 up.

I am using TuneECU on an Android phone.
Like I said I would like to release the full potential of the original engine, remove the top speed limiter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Full potential can be a broad range for the Rocket motor depending on your personal desires.. Do you want a few extra horsepower or do you want to take it to the stratosphere with a Carpenter 240 kit? If you want to keep it mostly stock with stock air ducts and exhaust, then you won't benefit much from a new tune. A better tune may add a few HP and reduce the stock EPA mandated lean running condition.

I think most on this forum would agree that the bare minimum would be gutting the highly restrictive stock intake duct work and replacing with either a ramair filter or K&N filters. Then free flow mufflers (either TORs or other) and a cross over pipe. From there you can grab a starting point tune which will give you a noticeable difference, but you should still take it to the dyno for fine tuning. My two Cents

I think with a touring, if someone knows how to adjust the timing correctly then a good dyno tune would help a stock touring considerably. Not put a sniffer in a pipe and called it tuned when afr stays on graph. The timing is cut on a touring model to tame it down ( behave like a Harley) if you really wanna open it up then youll have to do as kojack described above, intake and exhaust will get you to about 150 squared, have fun, but be warned, very slippery slope

My 2014 R3T ABS is for the most part stock. I like the original look of the exhaust, manifold and Bearpaw. I just love the look. I am looking for a time that will release the full potential of the stock motor. I know it is being held back and want to release the beast.

I looked at the 2021 but not liking what Triumph considers the new touring model so looking into buying another 14 style touring and redo that one with all the internal mods I like and to play but still have my original "looking" bike to ride 2 up.

I am using TuneECU on an Android phone.
Like I said I would like to release the full potential of the original engine, remove the top speed limiter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
To unleash my '14 R3T's I did install D&D pipes (looks almost like stock... but are no longer available unless you find a second-hand pair); however, her full "stock" potential was truly unleashed using the tune: R3T_stock_or_slip-on :cool: No other performance mods. By default Touring's are de-tuned from the factory.
-MIG

Back