Long Haul Seat with Rider Backrest

I have 2 dual seats, one with rider backrest and one without. I do have the rear plate fitted and with one seat there's no problem - it just clicks straight on - but with the other I have to fiddle to get it to align with the spike - normally by holding the back up a little and pushing the back of the rider part backwards. Bit of a pain really. I reckon the rear mount probably only really stops lateral movement so is probably not essential as TC says.

My wife is more comfortable on this Corbin than the OEM smaller gell pillion on my R3R.

The seat bracket is attached using two of the three holes that the pillion bracket used.

The seat attaches to the bracket with a screw on each side; it doesn't use the original key latch at all.

The silver shown mid point of the seat in this pic is the right side screw, there's another on the left side.

Original Roadster seats shown for comparison.

Rick

What's the pillion feedback on the longhaul?

Longhaul .. do you mean the Classic seat mate ? Catherine loves it ... really comfortable. Way better for the pillion than the Roadster gel seat that we bought from the US. I 'was' told but chose not to listen , assuming the gel would be better , it ain't.

I have the longhaul Gel seat on my 14 Roadster along with the rider backrest,
Seat A9708164. Back rest rider A9708160 , keep in mind though the rider backrests are getting scarce, there were only a few left in the States when I ordered mine. although at the time there was one in Calgary at Black foot motor sports, 403 243 2636

These guys have the seat I believe
http://www.pure-triumph.com/

I'm very interested in that seat as well. Do you know if its lower than the standard 2014 Roadster seat ?

I've just bough a secondhand Classic seat but it doesn't quite fit straight on my 2010 Roadster. The rear separate pillion mounting bracket is about 10mm too long , so the "spike" for the click-on seat catch is 10mm too far back for the seat hole. I'm about to re-drill the 3 front holes for the allen screw fixings to the mudguard, with some spacer washers, to bring it into line then should work OK.
No idea why there's this 10mm difference, but there it is.
The rider part front mounting spike is correctly placed, and without the rear bracket the Classic seat sits in place end clicks into place fine, but as soon as the rear bracket is fixed it won't fit!

And yes the rider's position is a bit lower, but the pillion is about the same so my wife can see over my shoulders better. Roll on better weather to ride in!
I have the same issue on my '05. Some remove the spike, some enlarge the bracket holes, but there is a definite problem that I have yet to resolve. I want the backrest... so I'm interested in how your solution works out.

Back