One Piece Gel Seat

08nzrocket

.040 Over
Hi Guys, I'm trying to find a One Piece Gel Seat to fit on my new Roadster.....My mate had one on the bike he just sold and it looked like it was off a Touring model bike but it was on his Roadster, The seat had an additional anchor point accessed by a looped wire coming out by the top of the shock...Local Dealer hasn't seen one and evidentally Triumph (nz) don't know about these...Any part numbers could be beneficial. Thanks

Sounds like a Classic 'Touring' 'long haul' comfort model dual seat that could be obtained either with (A9708164) or without the hole for a rider's backrest. The pillion portion is wider and flatter than the Std and Roadster 2 part pillion seat. It does fit the Roadster as well. It also comes with an extra rear hole for a frame mounted bracket with spigot to secure the pillion portion of the seat but is not really required from experience. It is the rear spigot that is released by the pull cable from memory.

The use of 'Touring' was before the 2008 on Touring model was released with a narrower rear frame which is why Touring model seats will not fit the Standard, Classic or Roadster models.

The version with the hole for the rider's backrest has been highly discounted in Australia and the UK since the rider's backrest went out of production and availability but comes with a small square plastic plug for the hole and is otherwise identical to the other version. They have been AU$172 from a few Australian Triumph parts distributors for a year or more including Peter Stevenson and Procycles and some may have sold out but there is one on Gumtree from a Perth, WA Triumph dealer JCS Motorcycles WA that can probably also be purchased directly from their online shop with possibly a much cheaper $10 freight anywhere in Australia.

Jack Lilley UK also has them for about GBP80 same or similar to AU$170 but freight would be a deal killer to NZ.

A member @Tonester in Sydney should have one available as well if you wish to PM him.

Thanks for that info....The shop has that seat available but due to limited knowledge have said it wont fit onto my Roadster which I took as gospel, I shall just turn up and try it for size, Thanks again you'"ve been a great help

Back