Laid it down - Twice!

I thought it would be a more prestigious club but, sadly, I found out otherwise.
No its more like a survival club.
20200617_182736.jpg

They say, there are only two kinds of concrete: that which has cracked, and that which will.

There are only two kinds of boats: those that have run aground, and those that will.

I think Rockets are that way.
There are three kinds of people out there; those who can count and those who cannot.

Last edited:
@TinCanNavy there are only two types of bikes...those that have been down and those that will go down, eventually. Have yet to meet a rider that hasn’t dropped a bike at least once and most bikes I know of have a layover.

Yes it has happened to me twice. The second time is just what you described but I went down on the right side trying to navigate a small turnaround. I have come to accept the fact that I’m getting older now, and the weight of this bike was getting to be too much for me to handle safely.
I am almost 61 years old and it was time for me to lighten up. I have traded my 15 R3T for a 2020 Kawasaki Concours.
I have trimmed about 170 lbs off with the new bike. The handling of my new 1400 is so much lighter, and I can push it around my garage so much easier too.
I will miss the big Triumph, but I now feel like my new bike is a better fit for me. Here’s a picture of my new Concours. Don’t mind the messy garage!
Good luck, Eric
810DA89F-341F-4FEC-9BA2-8E707D3175C6.jpeg

Nice ride. I had a 2013 FJR and loved it. Fit me a little better in the sitting position than the Concourse when I was looking. Ended up selling the FJR though because it was too top heavy for my liking. Going was awesome, but all the city traffic with the higher center of gravity made it less fun. Rocket doesn’t like traffic, but the weight is so much lower so more fun for me. Anyway, the Connie is a great bike. Enjoy.

Fellow Rocketeers,
It is with deep shame that I admit I have laid my R3T down twice in one week. I am completely befuddled as to why? I have been riding, since I was in my teens, 55 yrs. old now, many different bikes, and have never had this happen to me before. Moving only inches in speed, at best, while pulling into a parking spot, the bike dumped me off on the left hand side. I was light on the throttle and creeping forward, tapped the front brake, when it seemed to just lock up, threw me off balance, and over we went. Bruised ego, for me, and not a scratch on the bike. Thank God for my helmet or it would have been much worse. NEVER have I had this happen before. Has this ever happened to any of you?
Hey Tin Can,

No shame at all. I've got 10 years on you and have dumped mine several times, all at the same speed, near standing still. I've got engine crash bars, so no damage to the bike. Standing it back up is getting tougher each time. Bottom line is these things are heavy, and not much leeway in leaning to one side before most people, other than maybe NFL linebackers, can't stop her. If I feel it going these days, I just let it drop. Ain't wrestling 800 pounders, but I also find good flat boots help stabilize. Hang in there!

Fellow Rocketeers,
It is with deep shame that I admit I have laid my R3T down twice in one week. I am completely befuddled as to why? I have been riding, since I was in my teens, 55 yrs. old now, many different bikes, and have never had this happen to me before. Moving only inches in speed, at best, while pulling into a parking spot, the bike dumped me off on the left hand side. I was light on the throttle and creeping forward, tapped the front brake, when it seemed to just lock up, threw me off balance, and over we went. Bruised ego, for me, and not a scratch on the bike. Thank God for my helmet or it would have been much worse. NEVER have I had this happen before. Has this ever happened to any of you?
Why are you even using any front brake when low speed manoeuvring? Both feet up on pegs, trail the rear brake! I can ride with feet up only with engine idle speed, just keep your eyes up where you're going.

Back