Laid it down - Twice!

Yes it has happened to me twice. The second time is just what you described but I went down on the right side trying to navigate a small turnaround. I have come to accept the fact that I’m getting older now, and the weight of this bike was getting to be too much for me to handle safely.
I am almost 61 years old and it was time for me to lighten up. I have traded my 15 R3T for a 2020 Kawasaki Concours.
I have trimmed about 170 lbs off with the new bike. The handling of my new 1400 is so much lighter, and I can push it around my garage so much easier too.
I will miss the big Triumph, but I now feel like my new bike is a better fit for me. Here’s a picture of my new Concours. Don’t mind the messy garage!
Good luck, Eric
810DA89F-341F-4FEC-9BA2-8E707D3175C6.jpeg

I'v been looking for an FJR or BMW R1200R naked for the R3 is too heavy reason. From the 90s of course. Both are a little too high for my 32 inseam, but I think I could manage. Cooter2's Kawasaki might work. I had a Zephyr like 14 years ago. Rrrevy-Buuzy motor and wiggly bike but fast and comfy. Those were the days before I bought a tire pressure gage.

Not trading the Rocket. When I croak someone will get it. With a bunch of spare parts.

Last edited:
The front brake on mine was very touchy as well. I learned something years ago about slow speed maneuvering. A little rear brake and just enough throttle to overcome the brake and you can turn the bike on a dime. I don't understand the physics of it, but it works. Used to practice tight circles in a parking lot that way.

At low speeds, Front brake is a huge no no. Balancing of the friction zone, throttle and rear brake make life at low speed very manageable.

They say, there are only two kinds of concrete: that which has cracked, and that which will.

There are only two kinds of boats: those that have run aground, and those that will.

I think Rockets are that way.
And on that note there are two kinds of riders. Ones that have gone down on their bikes and ones that will go down. I'm a member of that club.

Yes it has happened to me twice. The second time is just what you described but I went down on the right side trying to navigate a small turnaround. I have come to accept the fact that I’m getting older now, and the weight of this bike was getting to be too much for me to handle safely.
I am almost 61 years old and it was time for me to lighten up. I have traded my 15 R3T for a 2020 Kawasaki Concours.
I have trimmed about 170 lbs off with the new bike. The handling of my new 1400 is so much lighter, and I can push it around my garage so much easier too.
I will miss the big Triumph, but I now feel like my new bike is a better fit for me. Here’s a picture of my new Concours. Don’t mind the messy garage!
Good luck, Eric

we are in same age having same problems. that is exactly why i bought zx14r this spring.
anyway my r3t will retire with me
zx14r zygzak.jpg

Back