Just got another dyno tune

Yes I believe so.

We came out with basically identical HP. The torque curves are slightly different, due to exhaust and intake differences.

Steel, I'm getting the last round of changes I did for a little more power tested and tuned next month. I'll make sure to get you the info, if I'm right, you're $40 away from another 8 whp and 4-5lb-ft, not just peak, but a gain across the whole power band from bottom to top.

You are shyting me !
I'm ****ing blown away by this and it explains SO MUCH.

It's no secret that I like sending the front tire skyward, but I'm having to relearn how to ride in 1st gear. Barely off throttle at 25-30% the front tire wants to leave the ground. There is no snapping the throttle open in 1st at anywhere in the rpm range, slow roll of the grip, and she climbs up. Needless to say that I'm ecstatic with the results. :cool:

20181103_174943.jpg
20181103_174956.jpg

I don't understand how you can get that fat bike of the ground in 1st gear.
Everytime I twist the throttle to try, it just spins the wheel.
The few times I've had the front wheel of the ground was in 2nd gear, and on VERY hot tires.

I don't understand how you can get that fat bike of the ground in 1st gear.
Everytime I twist the throttle to try, it just spins the wheel.
The few times I've had the front wheel of the ground was in 2nd gear, and on VERY hot tires.

Pray tell us about your bike and its components.

I think suspension has a lot to do with it, and how fast you open the throttle.

If I'm in 2nd and snap it open from 3500+, generally I get spin, if I roll it open quickly it lifts and goes like hell.

I don't/won't snap 1st open, even rolling open quickly it's so blisteringly fast to get to redline that it's hard to even get full power in first before going up a gear.

Third factor is the way our bikes make power. Because Steels bike and mine have lower torque down low, it means the torque won't rip the tire free at 2k like a stock bike can. Similar to a big turbo setup where the power comes on in a smooth graduation. You can, of course, provoke such behavior if you want to :p. As many have said, Carpenter bikes are actually easier to ride at a moderate or slightly quick pace than stockers because of the shape of the torque curve.

Back