Just got another dyno tune

Last time Black Betty went to Carpenter, I got her back and was very unsatisfied with how she ran. Bob didn't seem to have the time or desire to get her running right. I couldn't figure out exactly what the issue was, and was given help and suggestions from a couple of members here. Thanks to those guys! So I brought Betty to another mechanic who tunes race cars and bikes. Again we got nowhere. Finally I brought her to Tommy at Extreme Machines in Millstone NJ. He's the guy who tunes the Triumph Streamliner before they go to Bonneville. Well it turned out that all my problems were in the tune. He wound up getting 251 hp and 185 ft/lbs of torque. That's with pump gas and filters in place. She now has more low and midrange power than ever before. It's no secret that I like sending the front tire skyward, but I'm having to relearn how to ride in 1st gear. Barely off throttle at 25-30% the front tire wants to leave the ground. There is no snapping the throttle open in 1st at anywhere in the rpm range, slow roll of the grip, and she climbs up. Needless to say that I'm ecstatic with the results. :cool:

20181103_174943.jpg
20181103_174956.jpg

Last time Black Betty went to Carpenter, I got her back and was very unsatisfied with how she ran. Bob didn't seem to have the time or desire to get her running right. I couldn't figure out exactly what the issue was, and was given help and suggestions from a couple of members here. Thanks to those guys! So I brought Betty to another mechanic who tunes race cars and bikes. Again we got nowhere. Finally I brought her to Tommy at Extreme Machines in Millstone NJ. He's the guy who tunes the Triumph Streamliner before they go to Bonneville. Well it turned out that all my problems were in the tune. He wound up getting 251 hp and 185 ft/lbs of torque. That's with pump gas and filters in place. She now has more low and midrange power than ever before. It's no secret that I like sending the front tire skyward, but I'm having to relearn how to ride in 1st gear. Barely off throttle at 25-30% the front tire wants to leave the ground. There is no snapping the throttle open in 1st at anywhere in the rpm range, slow roll of the grip, and she climbs up. Needless to say that I'm ecstatic with the results. :cool:

20181103_174943.jpg
20181103_174956.jpg

If you could, what was the ballpark figure for the Dyno.

20181103_174943.jpg
20181103_174956.jpg
Nice results their big guy" I have a 2005 rocket 3 with around 3,000 miles, I am just a few miles from Extreme machines. My rocket has a free flow exhaust that i managed to create myself by chopping nine inches and removing the baffling also did a cat-box delete, also i have the pc3 and have tuned everything really nicely with tune-ecu, but would still like to have her put on the dyno, I am not looking for some crazy amount of power, just would like her to be the best she can be with what it is; You said Tommy was the guy that did your bike and how much will this cost and do i have to leave the bike? Thanks and "Be Safe! I did not see the post that says $300.00 sorry about that, i was surprised when i realized getting a pro tune was so close.

Nice results their big guy" I have a 2005 rocket 3 with around 3,000 miles, I am just a few miles from Extreme machines. My rocket has a free flow exhaust that i managed to create myself by chopping nine inches and removing the baffling also did a cat-box delete, also i have the pc3 and have tuned everything really nicely with tune-ecu, but would still like to have her put on the dyno, I am not looking for some crazy amount of power, just would like her to be the best she can be with what it is; You said Tommy was the guy that did your bike and how much will this cost and do i have to leave the bike? Thanks and "Be Safe! I did not see the post that says $300.00 sorry about that, i was surprised when i realized getting a pro tune was so close.
Call and ask for Tommy. He only goes in after hours. You can just bring the bike when you're ready, and he'll let you sit in the dyno room and watch the computer while he tunes it. He's a really nice guy.

Back