Reminds me of the time I took apart the engine of my first car, a 49 Dodge. Realizing I really didn't know how to put it back together I went in the house in search of a YouTube video. Turned on the B&W Philco and wouldn't you know it, none of the three channels was playing the video I needed.

Wow GPMAZ, you must me a very smart man I'm not:) so any help and guidence will be greatly appreciated:)

Not that smart at all. My suggestion would be to follow the steps exactly as Ralsmith laid them out. The hardest thing is making yourself loosen the first nut. After that, just keep going. If you get stuck, ask for help. Lots of experienced folks here, but you have to turn the wrenches yourself. Don't worry, you won't break it.

I'm a very visual person I think the back tire might be too much for me unless perhaps I see a video and watch some one do it and I'll feel a lot more confident to tackle it.

Weather still nice in CA so too busy riding to take tire off again, just put a new one on 3000 miles ago ( August)

I'm a very visual person I think the back tire might be too much for me unless perhaps I see a video and watch some one do it and I'll feel a lot more confident to tackle it.

I'm the same, if I see something I have photographic memory, you could explain something 100 times and it wouldn't penetrate at all.

Easy to install and remove the standard OEM gaskets work.i like using two the cleaned up old one and a new one. Copper permatex highest heat. Dry fit first so you know everthing is right and how yoir doing it. First header then right can pipe and cross over. Lastly left can and O2 sensor or bung plug. Everything loose. Hand tighten check allignment and then torque.

Thanks everyone I will look up video.
I think when I was in the states I believe they remover the 02 sensor plug.
When they installed my Jardines and what ever they did .

Man, too bad, I recently tossed a set, they were rusty and I offered them here with the caveat that they would have to be coated or rechromed, no takers, cost of recoating plus postage would have been high
Dammit - I would have paid shipping to OZ if I had of known.

Back