It’s got to me

I can't complain. Number 74 running good. Looking good too. Had a guy the other night coming home on his 117 cubic inch screaming chicken ride up and beside me. Figured that was cool. Then when we got out of town he decided to gun it. Dropped a gear and made it real clear to him you just brought a knife to a gun fight. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: being that it is rather warm out was wearing this on the ride home IMG_0273.JPG Bait:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p Bike has seen a few upgrades since the pic of my jacket IMG_0550.JPG enough said about riding a TRIUMPH.

Last edited:
Not sure why I'm fond of Triumphs, I've owned most of the makes, I've owned 3 Triumphs, never had an issue with any bikes, except all 3 Triumphs. Rocket ate the transmission, Sprint broke the crank, and the TT600 had fuelling/ starting issues that you just learned to live with. So I do feel they are fairly unreliable as a brand, seems beyond coincidence.

No its not a coincidence, remember, we live in a disposable world now (but i dont have that much disposable income). Your supposed to chuck it away and get a new one after three years. The manufacturers and marketing try and tell you this and build things accordingly.

I mean come on, they don't even make undersize bearings for the crank?

So in reality, if the bikes run for three years, had any issues fixed under warranty, we're supposed to have got a "good deal" and we cant complain about "reliability" issues. Time for a new one.

If always ridden Triumphs and had a pretty good run especially my old 79, but then that was built to last and there are still heaps of parts. I also expect it to break every time I lean on the kickstart.

Highly recommend the new Avon Cobra Chromes. Have run the stock tires, Avon Cobras, Darkside, Bridgestones, and a Michelin Scorcher on the front. By far the new Avon's are the best set of tires to date. No comparison. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you running the chromes front and rear?

Mechanical reliability is there, IF assembled right.

Sadly it seems a solid design has been let down by human error.

I subscribe to the theory that the vocal minority will over represent problems because few people post about how angry they are that ownership has been easy and uneventful regarding maintenance.

My mechanical problems, both times, have been caused by assembly error. When I did it, no more problems, so I can only blame the technicians since it was the same repair all 3 times with the same parts replaced.

I have nothing to complain about. Bike has ran great from day one. No issues. At 52,000 miles kind of like it. One comment on the new Avon's is that the contact patch on the rear tire is much wider than on
previous. Front tire is about the same. Went with stock sizes this time. The 140 is OK i guess but i spend a lot of time on the highway and to me it is more stable and smoother running the 150. By the time winter rolls around these tire will need to be replaced. Next round of tires will give a full review on cold weather handling. Believe with the improved contact patch cold weather riding will be vastly improved.

Last edited:
2016 Roadster, only 4500 miles in a no complaints other than the left grip wearing a little prematurely, which is odd but not worthy of complaint. Personally I take anything that’s posted on Facebook with a huge grain of salt, so much so that I have deleted my profile from Facebook, but that’s a story for another day. In regard to other peoples complaints about reliability I find that people tend to nitpick about the smallest things and treat them as if they’re major. Some complain about wear items, like brakes, tires etc. Well, your riding / driving will play a big role in that. I always look for big recurring issues when assessing reliability.

i FIX automatic transmissions
example a guy brings in a truck it had a transmissions solenoid code he worked on it a couple of weeks
claimed it was a piece and was bad mouthing the truck.
i put a volt meter at the tranny fuse and it had all of 6 volts replaced ignition switch and it worked perfect
the point is u need a good mechanic that can replace one part instead of guessing.
its not the fault of the bike when someone replaces 10 parts to fix one problem.

51,000 thousand miles on a Rocket X with no problems. Up grades and maintenance has been about it. Harley at 51,000 needed a lot of work. Very happy with the rocket and hoping to get another 50,000 out of it.

clutch?

Back