It’s got to me

i FIX automatic transmissions
example a guy brings in a truck it had a transmissions solenoid code he worked on it a couple of weeks
claimed it was a piece and was bad mouthing the truck.
i put a volt meter at the tranny fuse and it had all of 6 volts replaced ignition switch and it worked perfect
the point is u need a good mechanic that can replace one part instead of guessing.
its not the fault of the bike when someone replaces 10 parts to fix one problem.

Something about "All faults are ground faults until proven otherwise" springs to mind :p

2016 Roadster, only 4500 miles in a no complaints other than the left grip wearing a little prematurely, which is odd but not worthy of complaint. Personally I take anything that’s posted on Facebook with a huge grain of salt, so much so that I have deleted my profile from Facebook, but that’s a story for another day. In regard to other peoples complaints about reliability I find that people tend to nitpick about the smallest things and treat them as if they’re major. Some complain about wear items, like brakes, tires etc. Well, your riding / driving will play a big role in that. I always look for big recurring issues when assessing reliability.

I agree. Re the grips they all do this.

Something about "All faults are ground faults until proven otherwise" springs to mind :p

I find this to be very true on failing computers almost always fail when the computer cannot ground the circuit. like injectors,trans solenoids ect.
sometimes u can install an external relay instead of replacing the computer.

I agree. Re the grips they all do this.

Thanks, interesting that this is a common problem with the grips . I forgot my only other gripe is the weenie horn. Good Lord Triumph it’s nearly an 800 pound motorcycle and you put on a pansy azz horn equivalent to a childs plastic scooter on this bike. Ready, set...Terrible

i FIX automatic transmissions
example a guy brings in a truck it had a transmissions solenoid code he worked on it a couple of weeks
claimed it was a piece and was bad mouthing the truck.
i put a volt meter at the tranny fuse and it had all of 6 volts replaced ignition switch and it worked perfect
the point is u need a good mechanic that can replace one part instead of guessing.
its not the fault of the bike when someone replaces 10 parts to fix one problem.

Yepper, seen that one before. I fix cars. Chevrolet?

Guy came in in a Fusion with an oxygen sensor code. Went to auto zone and had it scanned and got sold a HO2S which didn't fix anything.

Asked if it was hard to start after filling the tank and it was. Replaced the EVAP purge valve. Problem solved. The set criteria for that particular code is when the vehicle coasting on decel and should be in fuel cut. The PCM is expecting to see a very lean condition. With the purge valve leak it is sucking vapor right out of the tank resulting in a rich condition and and lights the MIL.

Shoot, on the Taurus of the late 90s and early 20s the first thing you did was check alternator ripple. Surprising how much 750mv of AC voltage can confuse a computer that runs of DC:eek::roll:

how about when the heater circuit on an o2 shorts out and feeds 12 volts back though the o2 sensor ciruit:(
i know i could talk all day on the weird stuff i have seen
i bet u could to:)

how about when the heater circuit on an o2 shorts out and feeds 12 volts back though the o2 sensor ciruit:(
i know i could talk all day on the weird stuff i have seen
i bet u could to:)

Yep! Right up to the point the wife gives me the STFU look :D

Riddle me this Batman. Had one towed in, lost all the refrigerant, coolant and oil. All at the same time. Wasn't in a wreck and didn't run over anything on the road.o_O

as i was walking across
London bridge i met a man
he tipped his hat and
drew his cane and in
this riddle he told his name

what is his name?

Back