It’s got to me

My 2008 R3T was trouble free for 5 years except for the detent spring

I then bought a 13 Roadster that lasted a week before it started leaking oil through
A pinhole in the block

Triumph gave me a 2014 as a replacement which was in the shop more than any bike I’ve ever owned including Harley’s.

I have had Indians since 2016, with nary an issue except for a slight issue in Alabama last year due to water in the electrics or bad gas (never determined)

As the wise scholar Forest Gump once said “ Rockets are like a box of chocolates ya never know what your gonna get”

You’ve heard me say it before... there are so many variables that all factor in to the reliability of any bike including the Rocket. How you ride, where you ride, modifications, the kind of maintenance or lack of it, even where you live are just a few to consider. Sometimes we have no one to blame but our ourselves. I have seen some pretty nasty picture here on the forum which speaks volumes as to why people are having issues with their bikes. If you see common problems that people seem to have and there is a simple mod to take care of or prevent it, take it upon yourself to do the mod. Good maintenance, ride it like you stole if you must, but don’t abuse it and I think it will serve you well. I have been trying to do most of my own work....I’m big on maintenance and trying to keep ahead of any problems. The forum has been great for pointing out things that routinely need to be done. It is the best resource I have found for avoiding problems. For me, far so good on the reliability front.

recently I’ve been go at by the huge number of posts here and on Facebook etc etc shouting how unreliable Rockets are. To date I’ve simply put this down to the noisy minority as always....but...

Take a Harley as a comparison...Are our bike in the grand scheme of things poor when it comes to reliability compared to Harley?
Had my 2015 Touring for 42,000 miles no issues, very happy

Ya ride em, beat em, they will break. 150hp, lots of torque, Happy Happy Happy. A bunch of good mechanics and members on here, even better. My softail had 130k on her when I parked her for the touring. Only issues, base gaskets and a lifter. Good bike, not too fast

I've got a R3T 2012 , 36000km, Have done normal service, change of tires & no other problems. Small upgrades every year I've had it. About to install straight pipe cross over next week. Still debating within myself whether to go darkside or not.

Darside, Darkside, Darkside :thumbsup:

Achilles_atr-sport.jpg

215/60/16

Ya ride em, beat em, they will break. 150hp, lots of torque, Happy Happy Happy. A bunch of good mechanics and members on here, even better. My softail had 130k on her when I parked her for the touring. Only issues, base gaskets and a lifter. Good bike, not too fast
2010 Fatboy with 120,000 miles. Bought new and is now getting it's second S&S 124. First one over built and did not last long. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Not sure why I'm fond of Triumphs, I've owned most of the makes, I've owned 3 Triumphs, never had an issue with any bikes, except all 3 Triumphs. Rocket ate the transmission, Sprint broke the crank, and the TT600 had fuelling/ starting issues that you just learned to live with. So I do feel they are fairly unreliable as a brand, seems beyond coincidence.

Back