Instrument Replacement

One of the members asked me about swapping out the instruments
On the RIII & classic, you can swap to pretty much anything you like (after-market or even some OEM)
However the Touring & Late Model use CANBUS so not much you can do there.

I created a Key that identifies each of the signal wires at the instruments.

R3_Instruments.jpg

A couple of quick notes:
The indicator lamp signals for Neutral, Oil Pressure, Low Fuel and MIL are all active 'low'
The indicator lamp signals for Turns and Hi Beam are active 'high'
The speedo power 'out' is a switched 12V for the speed sensor.
The Alarm LED are LED voltage level signals i.e. connect directly to a bare LED, not 12V-ready LED.

Hope this is useful for anyone who chooses to go that route - thought that I should just post it up for general reference.
Sorry for the late reply on an old thread. I have a strange question. Would it be possible to fit a modern (2019/2020) Rocket 3 dash to a 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster? I assume it'd require the modern switch cluster as well if it was. If so would install be a nightmare?

Sorry for the late reply on an old thread. I have a strange question. Would it be possible to fit a modern (2019/2020) Rocket 3 dash to a 2011 Rocket 3 Roadster? I assume it'd require the modern switch cluster as well if it was. If so would install be a nightmare?
No, God knows and YES!;):roll::roll:

But if you need an original CANBUS ABS Kmh Roadster or MPH Rocket III Touring one I have one in the shed.

Lots of nightmares
Nobody in their right mind would try
Maybe DEccosse
Lol

Back