Installed my Flipmeister Brake Line Clamps

Pig9r

Living Legend
Very impressed Flip. The caps were nicely polished and everything machined to perfection. Installation took about 20 minutes. I did not remove the fender, however if I was to do it again I would recommend doing so, it could save some hassle removing the stock clips. Money well spent.

Dang Piggr, those look familiar........

I'm glad your are happy with them. They are actually fun to make but then any time spent in the shop doing machining is fun for me. I hope the instructions were fine. I tried to cover everything. Rocky got his today too. I haven't heard from Tomo yet.

The packaging might have been a little extreme, but I didn't want them to get damaged

It's satisfying to do a product like this at a reasonable cost, make a little money and that helps with retirement. You know the next thing on the agenda and they will be just as nice both in execution and practicality.

Enjoy your new accessory.

They look good on your Rocket.

The packaging might have been a little extreme
I guess... I can't even get into mine Flippo...:roll:

They look nice, If I can find a few minutes this weekend I'll try and get them put on. I still need to wash the bike from the Baxter trip and I have to run back up to Iowa to pick up the Bonnie, and I don't know what the deal is but the wife wants the lawn mowed and some other crap done. What were the benefits of marriage?

Those suckers do look nice, you did a most excellent job!

Good deal Tomo

That's a good thing. At least I can make my customers happy. My wife, well, she's never happy.:eek:

Wash that turkey, install those clamps and lets see a picture. I'm doing a fender collection.....:) Remember, it's easier to remove the fender to get those little plastic whatchamacallits out, that is, if they already haven't fallen out or deteriorated like the rubba battery strap or relay holder........

I too will wait for the weekend. By the time I get off from work, noon, it's so **** hot all I can do is 12oz curls.

These brake line clamps rival chrome!

You, Flip, must have a law back-ground :) caveats in the instructions were amusing :D

Pig9r, how about using a pair of dykes to chew the head off.

Last edited:
Rocky, the problem is trying to get your hand and the dykes in between the tire and fender while attempting to get the correct angle to bite on the clip. And you can't cut the front side. One of mine I was able to yank straight out, I tried with the other side but the arms on the clamps broke. I wound up very carefully drilling it out and then nipping it from the inside of the fender with a small pair of wire cutters.

I guess... :roll:

They look nice, If I can find a few minutes this weekend I'll try and get them put on. I still need to wash the bike from the Baxter trip and I have to run back up to Iowa to pick up the Bonnie, and I don't know what the deal is but the wife wants the lawn mowed and some other crap done. What were the benefits of marriage?
LOVE ;)

Those suckers do look nice, you did a most excellent job!

MOST EXCELLENT:bch:

The little elf is busy cranking them out and back to teaching again. This elf is a busy elf and that's fine with me.

Again, I apologize for the over packaging. I don't want then to get damaged. Besides, I'm practicing up for my overseas shipment.

I tried to make the instructions as concise as I could, exactly the way I installed mine. Just remember, don't mix and match the bodies with the caps, They are machined as one unit and then parted so to get the most precise fit on the caps, they have to mate to the body they were parted from.

The legal stuff is just CYA.

Just received my sample pair:). THANKS. Great craftmanship, Flip. Back to PM's for F/U on my QTY order, later today or tommorow.

Best. Jamie

Back