I'm done with tyres!

Bridgestone front and rear. Have said so quite a few times Dennis but I know you're easily confused :p. Almost 10,000 km on the rear and around 1,500 on the front. Love 'em and probably stick with them from now on - certainly on the back (best by a longh shot) and on the front seems as good as the Avon if not better, especially in the wet.

H'eeyyy! just a minute ermm.. I was just saying errr what s ya name again mate ??? :eek:;)

Sorry Dennis, must have misunderstood you when you said I'm hard to follow. That's because you don't have a black bike, mate. They have no trouble following me, for a while at least. Then they just have to go their own way. :roll:

I'm tired of buy brand new tires and getting a nail in them before I get 200 miles on them. Happened to the last three..... and today!

Wow, me too, not today, but I've lost 3 to nails, also. I finally wore out my first rear Metz, and I mean cords showing all the way around, lost all the others before their time. Also have the cupping problem on the front. I decided to try the Cobras, as many rave about them, but I had no real complaints, other than the front tire cupping, I'm having them mounted Saturday. I would estimate about 2 rears to one front, maybe 5000 on a rear, 8000 or so on a front (but the fronts cup in a couple thousand miles).

PS Ran into a friend that also has a Touring, he just put his first Cobras on 2 weeks before (he has an 09 he bought new), he loves them, warned me the turn in is much quicker.

Wow, me too, not today, but I've lost 3 to nails, also. I finally wore out my first rear Metz, and I mean cords showing all the way around, lost all the others before their time. Also have the cupping problem on the front. I decided to try the Cobras, as many rave about them, but I had no real complaints, other than the front tire cupping, I'm having them mounted Saturday. I would estimate about 2 fronts to one rear, maybe 5000 on a rear, 8000 or so on a front (but the fronts cup in a couple thousand miles).

PS Ran into a friend that also has a Touring, he just put his first Cobras on 2 weeks before (he has an 09 he bought new), he loves them, warned me the turn in is much quicker.

two fronts to one rear :eek::eek::confused: wtf lol but i knew what u meant lol;)

Wow, me too, not today, but I've lost 3 to nails, also. I finally wore out my first rear Metz, and I mean cords showing all the way around, lost all the others before their time. Also have the cupping problem on the front. I decided to try the Cobras, as many rave about them, but I had no real complaints, other than the front tire cupping, I'm having them mounted Saturday. I would estimate about 2 fronts to one rear, maybe 5000 on a rear, 8000 or so on a front (but the fronts cup in a couple thousand miles).

Lost my last Metz to a nail with a hundred miles on it.
A number 6 finish nail might as well be a railroad spike,
a nail's a nail.
I'd been wanting to try the Riken Raptor anyway,
paid I think either $100. or $110. for it and haven't been sorry since.
that tire now has over 20,000 miles on it.

The final tally is in, 3 Dunlop D404's to 1 Riken Raptor. 29,000 miles on the first Riken.

Going to try the Shinko 230 front this next week. idk67 is closing in on 100k on his Rocket and has been darkside for most of that time and he runs the Shinko up front. Might as well give it a try. Satisfied with the Dunlop but just interested in the Shinko.

The final tally is in, 3 Dunlop D404's to 1 Riken Raptor. 29,000 miles on the first Riken.

Going to try the Shinko 230 front this next week. idk67 is closing in on 100k on his Rocket and has been darkside for most of that time and he runs the Shinko up front. Might as well give it a try. Satisfied with the Dunlop but just interested in the Shinko.
I am on my third Shinko now and Love them, they are great pushed hard in the twisties steer faster, great andsure footed in torrental rain and they give you confidence to push harder/fast in the fast sweepers:cool::D

Bridgestone MAX

I spoke Thursday with a Factory Rep, he had all my info in the system from the recall we chatted and I was told the compund was defenatelly changed and it would be ok give the Max's a try so reading researching all this tire stuff I am 89% sure I'm ordering these Monday, 14,000 or so miles and this will be my 2 set of Metz they don't last and I ride sensable! I also keep the pressures 2 up since thats what Metz recommended, F 42lbs R 46lbs just tring to find a longer lasting tire with great handeling.;)

Back