I'm done with tyres!

When the metzler (rear) blew out at 5700 miles I swore it's the last one,I ran the darkside for about 1200 miles wasen't my cup of tea.not bad just not for me.thats a whole different subject, anyway I put a set of bridgestones on ( excedra max) and have about 1500 miles so far I love them. It's a different bike the handling ,ride,steering is much quicker over all I think it's the best improvement you can do to your rocket .mine is a touring just my 2 cents.

I think I got every single mile out of my last Metz, but it got me 20 miles to the dealer to install my Cobras, LOL. this pic taken on arrival home from Bennington, VT, 325 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 452
That's what my last Metz looked like before I went dark on my 2nd Rocket. Got a nail in my Riken Raptor at 200 miles, plugged and patched from the inside and got 32000 out of it. I swore off Metz long ago. Don't get over 10,000 on any front so far, using the front brake a lot more now to try and even out the wear as I tend to wear out the sides before the center. I don't care about the gas mileage or the tire wear and ride aggressively, especially at lights. Put the torque to use is my motto. Spin em if you got em, skid to stops beats loud pipes every time :D

I think I got every single mile out of my last Metz, but it got me 20 miles to the dealer to install my Cobras, LOL. this pic taken on arrival home from Bennington, VT, 325 miles.
Not enought twisty roads round your area ehh?:rolleyes:

Nope, I'm a flatlander, a regular grid of east/west and north/south roads. Plus I have other bikes, the Rocket does a lot of highway trips.

All you guys saying you got a nail in your tire - did you really buy new ones? Why not just pull the nail and plug them? I have done this three times on two different rear tires, and run them up over 130+MPH with ZERO issues. Why waste a perfectly good tire?

Anyone that tells you you can't or shouldn't put a plug in a motorcycle tire is smoking some good ****, I've been doing it for years, and my father has done it for 50+ years and never had an issue. Hell, I had a 8" forming nail go through my first rear tire when the bike was new - took it to a shop where they plugged and vulcanized it and I ran it until it was nearly bare.

This is what went through my first Metz rear.

Plugged it and rode on until the tire wore out. Of course, that was only a couple of thousand miles anyway. Went darkside and no problems since.

When the metzler (rear) blew out at 5700 miles I swore it's the last one,I ran the darkside for about 1200 miles wasen't my cup of tea.not bad just not for me.thats a whole different subject, anyway I put a set of bridgestones on ( excedra max) and have about 1500 miles so far I love them. It's a different bike the handling ,ride,steering is much quicker over all I think it's the best improvement you can do to your rocket .mine is a touring just my 2 cents.

I have the Ex Max on the rear and Im close to needing a new front tyre SM
Which BS did you put up front ??

ex max rear.

Dennsell. what size is your rear tyre. I have tried everywhere in the uk to get one but no luck. Every dealer says bridgestone dont do 240 50 16. any help would be apreciated. cheers hibee.

Dennsell. what size is your rear tyre. I have tried everywhere in the uk to get one but no luck. Every dealer says bridgestone dont do 240 50 16. any help would be apreciated. cheers hibee.

Hi hibee sorry mate I wanted and fitted the oversize 240-55-16 for economy etc.
I have to tell you so far its brilliant totally different handling and I havn't
noticed the bike being higher and we are 2up on long trips and I use it every day for work rain or shine.. no probs..

Back