I need help, I really am starting to hate my new Rocket GT

I can’t specifically help since I’ve never even seen one of these new Rockets in person, I can however tell you that with my 2008 touring, my biggest complaint about it was that it was not an actual touring motorcycle and the parts were very hard to find for it, so we share that.
I rode it across several states and it was adequate, I then went to a roadster for a couple years, I also rode it across several states, again it was fine but just not that comfortable of a motorcycle for my old bones, I went to the full touring Indian and absolutely loved it, after five years on an Indian I did the unthinkable stupid thing and traded it for a 2021 Harley Road Glide which like you I’ve tried to like, but I just find it boring, As soon as I get a chance the Harley will be gone and I will be back on an Indian,
I hope you get your problems sorted
If you buy an Indian or Harley, do not take a Rocket out for a spin given the chance. Just politely decline. I'd hate to see you lose so much on your trade-in. :)

I rode rockets for about 11 years, I am fully aware of their horsepower, as well as their inadequacies, I wish I would’ve kept the roadster, and still bought the Indian touring,
Oh well you know what they say about hindsight :rolleyes:……
If you buy an Indian or Harley, do not take a Rocket out for a spin given the chance. Just politely decline. I'd hate to see you lose so much on your trade-in. :)

I rode rockets for about 11 years, I am fully aware of their horsepower, as well as their inadequacies, I wish I would’ve kept the roadster, and still bought the Indian touring,
Oh well you know what they say about hindsight :rolleyes:……
Yeah, I was just kidding. My main ride is a ZX14R. On which I had a 14hr trip I called an "adventure" going from Windsor to Cornwall (About 850km total trip) on one long weekend summer traffic jam. From heat stress to hypothermia in one day. But I put risers on and, for a sport bike, it's not bad for comfort.

Yeah, I was just kidding. My main ride is a ZX14R. On which I had a 14hr trip I called an "adventure" going from Windsor to Cornwall (About 850km total trip) on one long weekend summer traffic jam. From heat stress to hypothermia in one day. But I put risers on and, for a sport bike, it's not bad for comfort.
If you ever find yourself near Scotland stop by and see my old buddy Stephen West share a glass of scotch with him

Please show us a picture brother.
here is the double windshield lower and small upper (there is also a larger taller upper windshield but the smaller upper mounted is just right for me

If you ever find yourself near Scotland stop by and see my old buddy Stephen West share a glass of scotch with him
I've been to Aberdeen:). I was on a work trip reviewing Maritime Safety Suits made there. I remember the variety of bread rolls at every breakfast was extensive and fresh. Scenery was almost as good as the Gaspe or Cabot trail, Cape Breton here in Canada. Been to both on a Marauder 1600 and R3T.

I am sure that does fix your issues and I really like the way you made the forward pegs. I will restate my opinion that if a bike needs this much modification it means it really was not set up real touring. These bikes are sport cruisers to me.
Yes, as I think you said before, I don't consider my Touring a touring bike myself, I was going to put a trunk on it, but I doubt I'll ever ride it long distance again. Funny thing is my k1200 is called a sport touring, but it's more of a touring bike than my actual Touring. 😂

I had to take my Roadmaster in for a new rear tire after work today and it was a cool 50 degree F. I turned on the heated seat and grips and I thought , “ man I think I’ll ride this a bit more this winter”. Thinking about riding the naked Rockets sent a big chill down me.🥶

In my opinion there just ain’t one perfect bike for everything.

Back