I need help, I really am starting to hate my new Rocket GT

I dispute one point, the K1200GT has the worst seat of any motorcycle. My buddy Guzzi Dan flew to Little Rock, Arkansas and rode it back to Buffalo for me, the guy I bought it off said he's going to hate the seat, when he arrived, the first words out of his mouth were " I hate this seat", he had a motel towel duct taped to it, lol. A Corbin fixed it, a Corbin also fixed my Sprint, second worst seat ever. Can't help you with the rest.
LOL..... You might be right, I guess the rocket is a close second.

Hello @Happy, I do not know who designed your Rocket but the in-house designer for the 2004 R3 was John Mockett. I hope that is helpful ;-)

I have written to Triumph with many of your questions, maybe not in the same emotion, but still, i get it. The GT is more akin to an ST, Triumph goofed it up there.

I have also asked when the new R3T would come out and the last two years I only get the answer that one is not yet planned. So, no cruiser R3 for now, just this Speed Triple on steroids (Triumph's words, not mine."

Corbin does have a fairing for the new bikes but you asked for something that won't break your bank so i guess that may not be the answer.

Don't sell your bike just yet...
Thanks Boog, sorry for the emotion... I just got back from a two hour ride and was freaking so mad at myself for being so uncomfortable on the bike. It just sucks that such a beautiful, dream of a bike is like riding a freaking brick... I wrote Triumph also just didn't get an answer, maybe again, I was too emotional....LMAO.....

I just took a 600 mile round trip to Monterey and had to split traffic for a minimum of 1.5 hours around the East bay/Walnut Creek and San Jose area on the way up and back another 1.5 hours. The Rocket is balanced so well it was as easy as it gets. I watched two full dress Harley's split traffic and they looked like they were going to crash at any minute. They were unsteady at best. I loved my Rocket before the ride but it met my expectations and then exceeded them. I always said my 1100 Yamaha Special was my favorite all time bike but this Rocket based on my trip is golden. I'm very satisfied with it as it was a blast. After 4 hours in the saddle on the trip up I still shot up and down the coast enjoying myself. Everyone is different but give it some more time and see how you feel. Cheers.
IMG_9554.JPG

Last edited:
I’m sorry your having such a disappointing time on your new bike. It is not a touring bike as The Mouse has said and I didn’t like the forward pegs either. Sounds like you are a long way off from getting the bike to suit you.

I just took a 600 mile round trip to Monterey and had to split traffic for a minimum of 1.5 hours around the East bay/Walnut Creek and San Jose area on the way up and back another 1.5 hours. The Rocket is balanced so well it was as easy as it gets. I watched two full dress Harley's split traffic and they looked like they were going to crash at any minute. They were unsteady at best. I loved my Rocket before the ride but it met my expectations and then exceeded them. I always said my 1100 Yamaha Special was my favorite all time bike but this Rocket based on my trip is golden. I'm very satisfied with it as it was a blast. After 4 hours in the saddle on the trip up I still shot up and down the coast enjoying myself. Everyone is different but give it some more time and see how you feel. Cheers.
.....Agree wholeheartedly....is a beautiful ride!

Hello Rocket lovers..... I do count myself in with you all and have recently purchased my new Rocket 3 GT. It is actually my 4th Rocket overall having owned the touring model, the base model, the R model, and now the GT model. The bike is beautiful, there is nothing more to say about that. But I am mad as hell at a couple of things that hopefully I can get some help on. I use my bike everyday for about an hour trip to work and and hour back. I absolutely love riding and do so in all weather albeit rain or sunshine, hot or cold. Riding is the only vise I have and I wouldn't give it up for the world. My gripes about the new Rocket. What the hell it Triumph calling the GT a touring model but not make a decent windshield for the bike. Let's be for real, there is no adequate windshield on the market for this thing. I have bought 3 different ones so far and all prove grossly inadequate. What a **** show the windshield thing is and it makes no **** sense. If anyone knows of one please help me, I desperately need one. Fork wind deflectors would be great to but I can't find those neither. The seat on this thing is probably the worst seat in motorcycling. Who the hell designed this **** thing. To do any real distance riding, your ass aint doing it on this thing with that tailbone killer cushion on it. I had to put in a corbin just to ride the thing. Lastly these foot pegs, HOLY **** what a mess. I removed the forward controls and put in mid controls, but your feet are still too forward and your ass takes all the bumps of the road. Throw the sport mode of driving out the window cause every bump you feel right into your kidneys. Why wouldn't Triumph just put the pegs a little further back so you can get your weight up off your ass when you see a bump coming. Again, who the hell designed this thing. How can you fall so short on such a beautiful machine. You can't even put on an engine gaurd or highway pegs to stretch your legs on those long rides. I have had my GT now for 4 months and I have tried to get myself to like it but I just can't get comfortable on it no matter how hard I try. My last rocket, and R model with the touring seat and back rest, engine gaurd with highway pegs and a great windshield was the most comfortable bike, and I really mean that, I have ever ridden. Even better than the Harley Heritage I have owned before. I could literally sleep in that seat it was so comfortable. Unfortunately a kid in a truck took that bike from me. If anyone has any ideas short of spending another few thousand dollars on some R&D foot pegs, highway pegs and a custom manufactured windshield I would be so appreciative. I am thinking of just selling it and taking the loss I am so upset with this bike. Thanks for the listen and sorry so negative. It just brakes my heart I can't get into this bike I dreamed of owning since the TFC model came out. Take care and Ride long.......
i have a 2021 GT and installed the powerbronze windshield at 5 FEET 11 INCHES I find the smaller upper windshield ( the one that can be moved up and out ) perfect for me as the wind hit my helmet at sunglasses level the other upper windshield included would definitively move the air flow at or above the helmet roof .you might want to look at it it is quite popular

hello mighty mouse
you got the upper powerbronze without the adjusting bracket? and mid gearshift with GT handlebar cool combo I am loking at moving thefootpegs one hole back but seems the gear lever rod has to be changed??

Not that i want to get in a shyte fight over names but i always thought 'GT' on a vehicle was "Gran Turismo"...meaning it was a fast vehicle with some very nice xtras..making it a step better than a standard machine...There are numerous examples in the car world. So, in these new Rockets we have an 'R' model for roadster and a 'GT' for Gran Turismo...afterall it has a few extras that the 'R' model dosn't have...makes sense to me.
Calling it a 'GT' dosnt mean it's a Tourer as Triumph dont make tourer's now...it's not their thing. If People want a tourer with Windshields, big luggage capacity,radios, aerials etc then there are other bikes to choose from....many...just my opinion.

i have a 2021 GT and installed the powerbronze windshield at 5 FEET 11 INCHES I find the smaller upper windshield ( the one that can be moved up and out ) perfect for me as the wind hit my helmet at sunglasses level the other upper windshield included would definitively move the air flow at or above the helmet roof .you might want to look at it it is quite popular
Please show us a picture brother.

Hello Rocket lovers..... I do count myself in with you all and have recently purchased my new Rocket 3 GT. It is actually my 4th Rocket overall having owned the touring model, the base model, the R model, and now the GT model. The bike is beautiful, there is nothing more to say about that. But I am mad as hell at a couple of things that hopefully I can get some help on. I use my bike everyday for about an hour trip to work and and hour back. I absolutely love riding and do so in all weather albeit rain or sunshine, hot or cold. Riding is the only vise I have and I wouldn't give it up for the world. My gripes about the new Rocket. What the hell it Triumph calling the GT a touring model but not make a decent windshield for the bike. Let's be for real, there is no adequate windshield on the market for this thing. I have bought 3 different ones so far and all prove grossly inadequate. What a **** show the windshield thing is and it makes no **** sense. If anyone knows of one please help me, I desperately need one. Fork wind deflectors would be great to but I can't find those neither. The seat on this thing is probably the worst seat in motorcycling. Who the hell designed this **** thing. To do any real distance riding, your ass aint doing it on this thing with that tailbone killer cushion on it. I had to put in a corbin just to ride the thing. Lastly these foot pegs, HOLY **** what a mess. I removed the forward controls and put in mid controls, but your feet are still too forward and your ass takes all the bumps of the road. Throw the sport mode of driving out the window cause every bump you feel right into your kidneys. Why wouldn't Triumph just put the pegs a little further back so you can get your weight up off your ass when you see a bump coming. Again, who the hell designed this thing. How can you fall so short on such a beautiful machine. You can't even put on an engine gaurd or highway pegs to stretch your legs on those long rides. I have had my GT now for 4 months and I have tried to get myself to like it but I just can't get comfortable on it no matter how hard I try. My last rocket, and R model with the touring seat and back rest, engine gaurd with highway pegs and a great windshield was the most comfortable bike, and I really mean that, I have ever ridden. Even better than the Harley Heritage I have owned before. I could literally sleep in that seat it was so comfortable. Unfortunately a kid in a truck took that bike from me. If anyone has any ideas short of spending another few thousand dollars on some R&D foot pegs, highway pegs and a custom manufactured windshield I would be so appreciative. I am thinking of just selling it and taking the loss I am so upset with this bike. Thanks for the listen and sorry so negative. It just brakes my heart I can't get into this bike I dreamed of owning since the TFC model came out. Take care and Ride long.......

Back