I inherited a Rocket III with training wheels

The readings on TuneECU look like normalish running. Coming along nicely I reckon.
Is that a stock tune that I have?

UPDATE:
The small hole in my tank turned out to be worse than I thought, as you can see in my last pic that shows it leaking there are some bubbles in the paint so I decided to poke them with a nail and this happened
IMG_4278[1].JPG

Last edited:
Ouch! I didn't look at the tune number, and I don't even know which is stock for your year. But the Throttle body airflow indicates high idle vacuum which indicates a great state of tune. As for that tank....oh my, I suppose a body man could fix it, but for the same money you can get a nice used one on Ebay and paint it to match the bike. I guess you know we bikers have to fear things like rusty tanks! It is what it is!

The tank makes me think it could have had a lot of water at some point. You may need to pull the entire fueling system apart for inspection or replacement.

Just do what it takes my man....step by step...at the end of the day you will have a nice ride and a big grin...trust me!
The tune you have is a 20226...you can see the number there if you have a look on those photos....this is a standard tune i think???...someone will say if its not...but i know things have been changed somewhat so it has been tickled with...

Last edited:
The tank makes me think it could have had a lot of water at some point. You may need to pull the entire fueling system apart for inspection or replacement.
I had cleaned the tank prior to this happening and it was running good!

wow what year is it? How could it rust through like that?
Its an 2005, it spent its whole life parked outside and went un-ridden for the last 4-5 years, I don't think it was even ridden a lot, pretty sure it still has the original Metzeler tires.

The good news is I took the tank to my buddies radiator shop and he says he can repair the tank (fingers crossed):thumbsup:

I had cleaned the tank prior to this happening and it was running good!

Its an 2005, it spent its whole life parked outside and went un-ridden for the last 4-5 years, I don't think it was even ridden a lot, pretty sure it still has the original Metzeler tires.

The good news is I took the tank to my buddies radiator shop and he says he can repair the tank (fingers crossed):thumbsup:
imo i would not trust it be looking for another tank cant be the only spot thats thin what about other side

Back