I inherited a Rocket III with training wheels

Dunno about finding those badges, Captain (that's what we call Rocket III pilots) Kevin but I do have a tank in excellent condition but for a very tiny ding on it's top side (caused by my elbow during a little get off last year, I think), plus the badges for $250. A little Bondo/filler and repainted, it 'll look and work as new should you need or want a replacement.

BTW, next time you feel like removing the tank, disconnect, clean and recrimp the spade connectors to the top of the coils and coat them liberally with a bit o' pookie (dielectric grease). It will save you from a possibly disabling breakdown on down the road.;)

Welcome to the site and enjoy the ride you lucky dog!

Thanks for offering to sell me your tank but I think I'm gonna run this one, I put a lot of work into it.
I will check those connections, thanks for the heads up!!

By the way... I dig your avatar its hypnotizing :inlove

I cant believe how many parts were missing on this old gal!

Got the new (used) tank, painted and installed!!
Got used side covers painted to match and installed!
Got used chrome radiator trim installed!
Picked up a nice chrome bear claw!
Even got the little black used frame covers and installed them!
Had to order new bolts for all these goodies!
Got used seats and put them on!
New rear view mirrors as well!

Gawd I love Flea Bay!!!

Next step, remove the training wheels and try to sell them!
Hopefully I'll get the title soon so I can register it and ride it over for some new tires!
I'm about $600 into it so not to bad so far!

Getting excited!!!!! :D:D:D

Been almost 4 months since my last post on this thread!

Finally got around to removing the training wheels!
Had to buy some used gauges and all the chrome goodies that hold them on after removing the funny looking Corbin clam shell fairing.
Put on new tires, Bridgestone Exedras (it still had the original Metzelers from 05)
Found out through the help of this forum it has D&D pipes
Put in a new map with ECUTune

Took it out for a little spin today(still don't have title but its coming soon finally)
AND OOOMMMGGG....
I about pooped my pants when I twisted the throttle while in first gear doing about 15mph and the front wheel came off the ground for about 40 feet until I let off...WOW :laugh:

Been almost 4 months since my last post on this thread!

Finally got around to removing the training wheels!
Had to buy some used gauges and all the chrome goodies that hold them on after removing the funny looking Corbin clam shell fairing.
Put on new tires, Bridgestone Exedras (it still had the original Metzelers from 05)
Found out through the help of this forum it has D&D pipes
Put in a new map with ECUTune

Took it out for a little spin today(still don't have title but its coming soon finally)
AND OOOMMMGGG....
I about pooped my pants when I twisted the throttle while in first gear doing about 15mph and the front wheel came off the ground for about 40 feet until I let off...WOW :laugh:
Had a dealer tell me that it has a ton of torque but they're too heavy to wheelie. LOL

Back