I inherited a Rocket III with training wheels

imo i would not trust it be looking for another tank cant be the only spot thats thin what about other side
I didn't see any bubbles on the other side and I tried poking with a nail and it didn't go through, after it's repaired I am going to coat the inside with "Red-Kote" fuel tank liner.

You going to take the training wheels off?
Oh hell yes, cant take corners to fast like that, maybe some one on here wants to buy them from me!

Got the tank back today, it's not pretty yet, needs some grinding, sanding , Bondo and paint, and hopefully it wont ever leak again!
IMG_4280[1].JPG

I didn't see any bubbles on the other side and I tried poking with a nail and it didn't go through, after it's repaired I am going to coat the inside with "Red-Kote" fuel tank liner.

Oh hell yes, cant take corners to fast like that, maybe some one on here wants to buy them from me!
Hey just an idea!
Look into the thread Rocket owners average age! as you might find some of the older riders there that may be very interested in the training wheels:thumbsup:

Hey Welcome,

Nice project, bet you can't wait to ride her, I might consider doing something like a trike is 15 years or so.

Hoopla

Dunno about finding those badges, Captain (that's what we call Rocket III pilots) Kevin but I do have a tank in excellent condition but for a very tiny ding on it's top side (caused by my elbow during a little get off last year, I think), plus the badges for $250. A little Bondo/filler and repainted, it 'll look and work as new should you need or want a replacement.

BTW, next time you feel like removing the tank, disconnect, clean and recrimp the spade connectors to the top of the coils and coat them liberally with a bit o' pookie (dielectric grease). It will save you from a possibly disabling breakdown on down the road.;)

Welcome to the site and enjoy the ride you lucky dog!

Back