I inherited a Rocket III with training wheels

Kevdog

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Rocket1.PNG
Rocket.PNG
Hi all,
My father-in-law passed 2 years or so ago (he was 74) and I inherited his 2005 Rocket.
He loved riding his bike but as most of you know its kinda heavy.
One day he stopped at a stop sign and the road was sloped to the left and he fell over and the foot peg jammed into his leg, needless to say the bike was fine but it broke his leg badly and he had to have a 12" plate installed from his ankle up.
After about a year of recovery he decided he still wanted to ride but was afraid he couldn't hold the bike up so he found some company in Chicago that could make it like a trike, so he shipped it off to be customized.
He then flew to Chicago to pick it up and rode it home via Route 66.
Unfortunately a couple years before he passed something went wrong with the bike and he never fixed it so it sat outside in the driveway getting weathered for the last 4 or 5 years.

I'm not sure of all the things he has done to it but what I do know is, he removed the catalytic converter and added a second ignition switch, and I think he changed the head lights as well, not sure.

So I recently brought the bike home and today I changed the oil put in fresh gas and a new battery, turned the key and heard the fuel pump go on.
Unfortunately something is wrong and I don't know what it is, I remembered that the 2 gaugeswould go all the way up and back down and that didn't happen.
The lights blinkers and horn work though!

So this is why I joined the forum today, I want to fix it up and need help!!
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!
I'm going to try and post a couple pics

Welcome from Australia and good luck with your R3 trike. Might want to check the push in connections under the fuel tank. All the best and enjoy your ride and this forum.

There's always the option of taking it to a mechanic, though most seem to disdain that. :)

TuneECU might help if you plug it in to the bike and see if it gives you any error codes.

Check all the fuses.

Back