I did electronics measurement and battery drain calculation for rocket3R 2022 - Battery, Turn signals

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hello All,

Hope it helps someone

- Stock blinkers are 2watts 12V LED Array in each blinker/turn signal so they are consuming 167Milliamps per blinker.
- When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is ON and in range then motorcycle drains battery at 80Milliamps.
- When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is OFF, then motorcycle drains battery at 5 Milliamps.
- Battery on Rocket3R2020+ is 12V 18.9Ah.

Based on numbers above, here is battery discharge duration assuming battery is at 95% efficiency ( Battery at normal temperature etc )

Approximately 160 hours ( 7 days ) to battery drain/low battery/low voltage battery - "When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is ON and in range then battery drain rate is 80mA."
Approximately 2880 hours ( 120 days ) to battery drain/low battery/low voltage battery - "When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is OFF then battery drain rate is 5 mA."

Last edited:
Hello All,

Hope it helps someone

- Stock blinkers are 2watts 12V LED Array in each blinker/turn signal so they are consuming 167Milliamps per blinker.
- When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is ON and in range then motorcycle drains battery at 80Milliamps.
- When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is OFF, then motorcycle drains battery at 5 Milliamps.
- Battery on Rocket3R2020+ is 12V 18.9Ah.

Based on numbers above, here is battery discharge duration assuming battery is at 95% efficiency ( Battery at normal temperature etc )

Approximately 160 hours ( 7 days ) to battery drain - "When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is ON and in range then battery drain rate is 80mA."
Approximately 2880 hours ( 120 days ) to battery drain - "When bike is completely OFF and Key Fob is OFF then battery drain rate is 5 mA."

great info:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I never really bother turning off my keyfob maybe I should but then again my fobb is generally across the house and in the office about 50m from the bike

Good info, @imcool have you calculated time for ignition on / fob on and ignition on / fob off. I've noticed that if someone forgets to turn off the ign switch and walks away the lights go off after awhile. When fob out of range or some timer? Seems to use more battery power under those conditions. 🤔

Good info, @imcool have you calculated time for ignition on / fob on and ignition on / fob off. I've noticed that if someone forgets to turn off the ign switch and walks away the lights go off after awhile. When fob out of range or some timer? Seems to use more battery power under those conditions. 🤔
Ignition turns off automatically when you leave the only bike ignition ON ( wont turn off when engine is running) for couple minutes.

Back