How To: Fit Carpenter Racing 210/240/265hp Kit (Inc. Dialling In Cams)

Most people just run em how they are I'm assuming?

I certainly didn't check the CP piston weight vs the stock ones, but I did ask Bob if the engine needed balancing when scoping the kit out.

Re which pistons compression ratio, best ask Bob for his advice.
Re APE tensioner, I've not had a problem but I think some mightn't like having to set & check the tension yourself. Nev's one looks sexier though!
Re the APE head studs yes they may be twice the price of the Triumph ones but you can reuse the APEs.
Re bigger injectors I'd agree with Bob yes i think you would need the PCV to dial in the fuelling as otherwise they would be running off a Tuneboy map designed for the stock injectors so bigger ones might shoot more fuel per same squirt dwell time so mixture will be richer

275 at the crank would be approx 245 at the rear wheel. I am a little reluctant to get involved here, but have found the stock fuel pump is at its limit at about 235+ at the tyre. Stock injectors pretty much maxed out at 240-250 (with a good pump). I have 1000cc injectors which fit but straight on and are fantastic to map down low for the HP/boost junky.

1000cc **** i thought my 840cc babies were big... well, that's 840cc at 3 bar, i'm running them at 4 bar :D

This is one hell of a thread, I kneel in humility. Thanks all of you for the trouble you go to to improve our knowledge.

Love reading this thread but unfortunately for me would be lottery win stuff to be spending 6k upwards on performance tuning!
Just a couple of things ...can’t find any pistons listed on CP,s own site, do Carpenters have them commissioned?
Turbo’s bores look really fresh at 10k or so when the kit was installed would the liners need to be honed on a higher mileage Rocket,presuming + size pistons aren’t an option here?
. Anyone in the Uk had any head work done locally,must be someone capable of porting the head? Can’t be Rocket science? (Couldn’t help that sorry)

Love reading this thread but unfortunately for me would be lottery win stuff to be spending 6k upwards on performance tuning!
Just a couple of things ...can’t find any pistons listed on CP,s own site, do Carpenters have them commissioned?
Turbo’s bores look really fresh at 10k or so when the kit was installed would the liners need to be honed on a higher mileage Rocket,presuming + size pistons aren’t an option here?
. Anyone in the Uk had any head work done locally,must be someone capable of porting the head? Can’t be Rocket science? (Couldn’t help that sorry)
The liners are plated with NikaSeal (Nickel Silicon Carbide) your 04's cylinders probably look just as good. If this was last week I could've looked on the box for the cp numbers. But alas I'm back on the coast.

The liners are plated with NikaSeal (Nickel Silicon Carbide) your 04's cylinders probably look just as good. If this was last week I could've looked on the box for the cp numbers. But alas I'm back on the coast.

Cheers Warp
Good to hear Triumph got the Nikaseal right,Seem to remember Jaguar having to replace thousands of V8’s back in the late 90’s because of poor treatment.

If you go to CP Carrillo site they have pages and pages of pistons of all kinds of specs.

There was a guy on here Les @Trirocket3 who had an awful lot of work done on his bike in the UK

upload_2018-10-24_17-52-12.png

upload_2018-10-24_17-54-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-24_17-53-9.png
    upload_2018-10-24_17-53-9.png
    429.2 KB · Views: 6
Couple of questions for you fellas:

1. For those that removed the pistons from the crank, did you plastigage the bearings when you reinstalled them?

2. Since you great lads already have a tunecu and PCV tune would it be best to do the 70 mile break in and then take it to the dyno?

3. Did you use a ring gap grinder on the rings? And, is the gap what the manual says, or does CP/Carpenter have different gaps? Reason I ask, I dont have one! There only like $50 bucks, but thought id ask...

4. In this post there was some mention of top of piston finish? Never heard of this before. Can someone elaborate?

Il be putting her baxk together soon, just wanna be ready! Cant wait to see what Ive been missing!

Back