How to: Extend brake line on ABS bikes (cheap)

So you are saying all is correct on that adapter...10mm X 1.0 to 3 AN?

I did find some right angle banjos to 3 ANs I like. All I would need is the proper length line if I wanted to bypass that block and change things. I wonder what I would do with the old line after all is good? Just cut it off maybe. More decisions.

I really like that banjo bolt bleeder!

So you are saying all is correct on that adapter...10mm X 1.0 to 3 AN?

I did find some right angle banjos to 3 ANs I like. All I would need is the proper length line if I wanted to bypass that block and change things. I wonder what I would do with the old line after all is good? Just cut it off maybe. More decisions.

I really like that banjo bolt bleeder!

Yes M10x1.0 to 3an but it needs to be internal flare like the one I listed.

The stock lines comes free once unscrewed no need to cut anything.

it needs to be internal flare
So not like this then
70er%20Jahre%20Hippie%20Kostuem%20Herren%20Hippiekostuem%20Tanzkostuem_2.jpg

Scootworks - Hydraulic Line Extender for 1" & 1.25" handlebars

Scootworks' BLX - Brake Line Extender
Easily Extend Hydraulic Brake & Clutch Hoses

The BLX™ by Scootworks- Available for Handlebars of 1" and 1.25" in diameter. - A great and cost effective alternative to replacing the complete hydraulic hose system on bikes with ABS and/or coordinated braking!

This system was originally designed as an answer for obtaining more front brake hose on bikes with ABS or coordinated braking. A Honda VTX1800 is a good example, where the front brake hose is actually part of an integrated system with several hoses, and a simple longer front brake hose can't be installed. A custom build to lengthen the front brake hose in the handlbar area costs $500+! This alone prohibits many handlebars and handlebar risers from being installed for comfort or customization. You simply install our BLX100™ or BLX125™, blead the line, and you're finished.

Another great application for this is on baggers with dual front brake calipers, where access to the lower manifold and lower dual brake lines is difficult. The is an easy installation, and often less expensive than buying an extended front hose set for bike of that type.

The BLX100™ is for 1" handlebars, the BLX125™ is for 1.25" handlebars. This uses a conventional 10mm banjo size, and is compatable with most all H-D, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Triumph, etc. It can be purchased with the extension hose, or can be purchased as the manifold only (manifold, 2 banjo bolts, 4 crush washers, and mounting straps) for custom applications. This can also be used on bikes with a hydraulic clutch and avoid having to purchase the lengthy clutch hose...and MUCH easier to install, too!

The Scootworks BLX™ is also available for 7/8" & 1-1/2" handlebars on special request. Custom lengths are also available on special request.

-> Scootworks BLX100™ for 1" Handlebars, BLACK hose

1a.jpg

Mock-up on typical 1" 'Beach Bar'

2a.jpg

Attaches to handlebars for a clean method of extention.

3a.jpg

No need to have an expensive custom multi-hose assembly fabricated, when you only need a few inches at the handlebars!

4a.jpg

Available as a 'manifold only' for custom applications

5a.jpg

Radiused bottom of a clean fit against your handlebars in an obscure location.

6a.jpg

Full kit with manifold, extension hose, 2 banjo bolts, 4 copper crush washers, and attachment straps.

Last edited:
My ways easier I think (unless you had the same monkey build your bike that I did) and costs less than half as much.

Finally got mine finished. The delay was some guerilla at the factory who assembled my brakes, the hard line stripped before the nut broke loose so had wait on another to replace it with.

The braided AN line is vastly more flexible allowing it to be routed much easier without binding. Excuse the bike disassembled a bit, working multiple things at once.
B074D50C-746D-4887-9ECA-AA72CF2A2963.jpeg 75C8CD73-9322-4882-A92A-68C7A0D5253F.jpeg B4FD2AFA-C41A-45BB-8138-8689400D3CA4.jpeg 296A27D3-B3A5-4935-B558-B339DDC32B0C.jpeg 2B4CA939-F033-4820-AAA1-DDD045882732.jpeg E33A401D-239A-473A-B8EA-7E5F0D605923.jpeg

I have avoided tackling this for 4 years, finally I have sorted it out. You will need the linked items below:

M10-1.0 to 3AN Adaptor DIN.jpg
JEGS 100784: AN to Inverted Flare Female Tube Adapter Fittings -3AN x 10mm x 1.0 Inverted Flare | JEGS
Banjo.jpg
Allstar -3 an to 10mm Banjo Fitting Stainless Steel Brake Hose Guage Turbo Line | eBay

line.jpg

Brake Hoses, Individual - Universal -3 AN Hose End 1 -3 AN Hose End 2

I bought a 30" black braided 3an to 3an line, quite a bit longer than stock, about 8". All in, I think this cost me about $45 not counting the extra sexy black aluminum banjo bolts and banjo fittings I bought to go with the black everything else on Mufasa :p

CONFIRMED TODAY THANKS TO @1olbull who graciously let me fiddle with his brake lines and verify its:
A: A DIN style fitting
B: M10x1.0

The above method WILL work or...

Additionally there IS an ABS off the shelf kit available from HEL, product number HBF8014 not available on the US website!
Thanks for that info. I’m just in the door from a 9 hour ride there and back to the custom paint shop in Kelowna. They forgot to paint the inside of the sport fairing so I delivered it to them, plus I had 3 more parts getting the carbon fibre treatment at the hydrographics place. Even the guys at the customizing shop were oooh-ing and aaah-ing over how well the paint job went. Me happy :)

Back