How to: Extend brake line on ABS bikes (cheap)

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I have avoided tackling this for 4 years, finally I have sorted it out. You will need the linked items below:

M10-1.0 to 3AN Adaptor DIN.jpg
JEGS 100784: AN to Inverted Flare Female Tube Adapter Fittings -3AN x 10mm x 1.0 Inverted Flare | JEGS
Banjo.jpg
Allstar -3 an to 10mm Banjo Fitting Stainless Steel Brake Hose Guage Turbo Line | eBay

line.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/search...s/hose-end-1/minus-3-an/hose-end-2/minus-3-an

I bought a 30" black braided 3an to 3an line, quite a bit longer than stock, about 8". All in, I think this cost me about $45 not counting the extra sexy black aluminum banjo bolts and banjo fittings I bought to go with the black everything else on Mufasa :p

CONFIRMED TODAY THANKS TO @1olbull who graciously let me fiddle with his brake lines and verify its:
A: A DIN style fitting
B: M10x1.0

The above method WILL work or...

Additionally there IS an ABS off the shelf kit available from HEL, product number HBF8014 not available on the US website!

Last edited:
This honestly only took me about 30 minutes flirting with google and a few correlations across parts fiches.

What I need to verify is that the 3/16 flare coupler side of the Allstar 50100 actually threads together and seals. I’m not 100% sure the Triumph OEM fitting isn’t a metric fitting.

Back