How To: Add Pressure Input for PC-V

Can anybody point me at a vehicle OEM fitment list for the GM type 1bar MAP SENSOR?. Or anything that is WELL and RELIABLY documented. If it is a European model it would help.

Everything I am finding for sale (on ebay) as a 1 bar is in fact a 3 bar.

So this is admittedly a little off topic but...

I am sort of surprised to hear you guys talk about posi-taps. I'm assuming you have had good experiences with them but they seem like they were designed to provide a short term solution. It seems like with the little needle pin and open cavities, with only a little bit of corrosion those voltages which have been so carefully dialed in will start to go off.

Do you use contact cleaner and seal with RTV or something?

Hopefully I don't have to say: obviously I don't mean any offense, just trying to learn.

So this is admittedly a little off topic but...

I am sort of surprised to hear you guys talk about posi-taps. I'm assuming you have had good experiences with them but they seem like they were designed to provide a short term solution. It seems like with the little needle pin and open cavities, with only a little bit of corrosion those voltages which have been so carefully dialed in will start to go off.

Do you use contact cleaner and seal with RTV or something?

Hopefully I don't have to say: obviously I don't mean any offense, just trying to learn.

100% valid point. I’ve not had issues with the positap connection, but over a long enough time span, they absolutely could become an issue.

This is why I’m soldering all my connections while reassembling Mufasa.

Thanks - I shall order a few then. ;) .
I have 3 ordered. I work on the principle I'll probably bugger one up "testing" and a spare is always good to have. Being delivered to my mum as I'll be there anyway in 2 weeks.

@DEcosse - Ken, will a USB power supply serve as a stable 5V sensor supply during the testing phases?

Lol. My suggestion would be a tap on a 5V line elsewhere. The Rocket ECU uses a shared 5V supply line for numerous sensors already.

I have 3 ordered. I work on the principle I'll probably bugger one up "testing" and a spare is always good to have. Being delivered to my mum as I'll be there anyway in 2 weeks.

I just saw all this, with all due respect I suggest you purchase a genuine GM MAP sensor, not the $11 knock off. There are many poor quality ones about.

I just saw all this, with all due respect I suggest you purchase a genuine GM MAP sensor, not the $11 knock off. There are many poor quality ones about.
Fair point Nev. I would never just drop it in and see. First I will test off the bike to make sure they are stable, identical and how close to spec they are. My mate should have relocated his workshop to the new building by the time I am back from the UK and he will have a new "clean ops" room with vacuum meter which I can play in. The first tests will be bench tests. This will allow me to see if my testing methods are reliable too. My neighbour is also "acquiring" some original AUDI sensors to test. In the end they are usually a piezo-crystal and these wear out anyway over time.

Back