How can I get maximum power without carpenter upgrade?

Laverada

2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Ride
2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Howdy Folks, couple questions for you all...

First off I have a 2016 R3 Roadster. Everything is Stock and I haven't done anything to it. I'm interested in increasing sound and performance. My question is how much more Hp and torque can I get without getting the carpenter upgrades? My dealer told me I could get up to 40+ hp with a new exhaust system, air intake and tune boy. With the stock 148hp and 163 ftlbs I would say thats a pretty nice upgrade. So, are these numbers accurate and if so what systems do you guys recommend? I know things add up quick so maybe its not even worth it compared to a carpenter upgrade. Let me know what you guys think.

There has been so much written on this site and elsewhere, might I suggest investing some quality time researching the topic on the site. Pretty quickly you'll narrow down what sounds good to you, and then, perhaps come back with your favorite. Just a thought.

Congratulations on your purchase.

One bit of advice often heard, and I'll repeat here, is, you have so much power there already. Recommend you get many miles on your odometer before committing to changes.

Remember the figure the dealer is throwing out is not Rear wheel HP if you put the bike on a dyno you will be lucky to get about 120 as it sits, new air intake and exhaust plus header(remember the tune) will give the bike a good steroid shot but after that you will have to start playing around with the engine.

FYI -
My 2012 R3R experience was 120 horsepower at the rear wheel on the dyno. TORS & trip K&Ns produced 150 horsepower. CES header system pushed it up to 160 horsepower. All was done with a professional tuner and Tune ECU.

Last edited:
My Roadster went to 165 hp and 165 ft-lb torque with the Reband system and K&N pod Filters - Then I opened the engine to find more horsepower.

Back