Hi... I am new here, although I do own a very new 2020 Rocket III GT.

May not be necessary to have both feet flat if I were the size of yourself --- but unfortunately I am not & holding up 650 lbs. with one foot planted and
the other dangling in the air is a real trick ! Especially weighing about 120 lbs. such as me ............... Sound "safe" as described ?
It does sound challenging and I do want you safe. I hope you find the solutions to enjoy this fantastic machine.

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... and with your passion... you're in the right place! I'm confident with a few tweaks (as mentioned above) and a good set of motorcycle boots you'll find a way to make her? him? fit your needs. My Bride and I name those bikes and cars/trucks which are like family... and we treat them as such. My R3T is "Fiona" and she named my HD V-Rod "Delilah"... saying she's my "Temptress". My Bride rides a Fat Boy, "Mischief"... After I had her bike lowered she still wasn't comfortable so we got the seat shaved and blocky heel riding boots. Made all the difference in the world (she's 5'2"-ish). You'll find, over time, your confidence with your beast will cause you to be less worried about both feet always being firmly planted. One firmly planted and one touching may end up being your go-to stance... BUT, as you know... do what gives you confidence.
-MIG

My Rockett III sets because it is too tall for me to ride. I bought it because I fell in love with the overall look of this rather large machine. I keep it in the garage , all covered up with sheets to keep it clean. So far I have about 100 miles on it and choose to ride my Softail because I can reach the ground flatfooted. My Folks think that I am weird for getting a bike I cannot ride but here I am at a triumph forum anyway ! . I am a grad. student at UNR in Reno , NV. and as most of you know already that "time" is at a premium , in my life , right now. I do so love the Rocket even if it is
big enough for two of me ! Some day I may get big enough ( or it may get low enough) to fully enjoy it , but in the meantime I truly enjoy simply looking at this beautiful work of art !
I thought I would join here to possibly meet people with the same sort of eye that I have for the big "ol hunk of art I own and truly derive joy just from looking at the beautiful lines of this bike.
It is all black and possesses all the style and beauty the Harley can only hope to achieve , not to mention that my Rocket is light years faster than a Harley can only wish to ever be , Knowing that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder ; how many of you guys think as I do with regards to an inanimate object ? Let me know if you all think that I am as "goofy" as my folks seem to think I may be !
When I graduate UNR (finally) I hope to tour the USA by motorcycle in the Spring , Summer & Fall of each year. At least for long enough to catch up on all the sight seeing and experiences that I have missed while sitting in school ! Motorcycles seem to be a family excuse for having a "get together" around here. We all enjoy riding and use any excuse for an abbreviated trip to most anywhere ! Looking forward to hearing from from some of you forum members whether or not you agree with my outlook on things---please say "hello" and let me know what you ride !

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Gen 1 rocket. I think both Gen's are awesome machines and serve different riding functions. Instead of looking at your bike have you looked into a way of lowering the suspension or getting boots with thicker soles. It's such a waste not enjoying the beast. I live around Calgary Alberta so I am looking out at snow right now. I have 5 months of winter so I envy you being able to ride every day. Hope you find a solution to your problem. No your not goofy you just appreciate beauty in a better way. Lol

Welcome from the UK.
If you have lowered the seat height by 2" and you're still not quite able to flat foot the ground on the Rocket, yet still planning to find a way to ride that beast, well.... think you must be the definition of the word 'determined'.
Well done & take care!

Back