Hi... I am new here, although I do own a very new 2020 Rocket III GT.

baileegirl

100 Octane/or Better
Ride
2020 Rockett III GT
My Rockett III sets because it is too tall for me to ride. I bought it because I fell in love with the overall look of this rather large machine. I keep it in the garage , all covered up with sheets to keep it clean. So far I have about 100 miles on it and choose to ride my Softail because I can reach the ground flatfooted. My Folks think that I am weird for getting a bike I cannot ride but here I am at a triumph forum anyway ! . I am a grad. student at UNR in Reno , NV. and as most of you know already that "time" is at a premium , in my life , right now. I do so love the Rocket even if it is
big enough for two of me ! Some day I may get big enough ( or it may get low enough) to fully enjoy it , but in the meantime I truly enjoy simply looking at this beautiful work of art !
I thought I would join here to possibly meet people with the same sort of eye that I have for the big "ol hunk of art I own and truly derive joy just from looking at the beautiful lines of this bike.
It is all black and possesses all the style and beauty the Harley can only hope to achieve , not to mention that my Rocket is light years faster than a Harley can only wish to ever be , Knowing that "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder ; how many of you guys think as I do with regards to an inanimate object ? Let me know if you all think that I am as "goofy" as my folks seem to think I may be !
When I graduate UNR (finally) I hope to tour the USA by motorcycle in the Spring , Summer & Fall of each year. At least for long enough to catch up on all the sight seeing and experiences that I have missed while sitting in school ! Motorcycles seem to be a family excuse for having a "get together" around here. We all enjoy riding and use any excuse for an abbreviated trip to most anywhere ! Looking forward to hearing from from some of you forum members whether or not you agree with my outlook on things---please say "hello" and let me know what you ride !

hey from Christchurch New Zealand....No, youre perfectly sane in my eyes...i sit on a stool in my shed with a cider and just admire it from time to time...hell, i even pat it and talk to it,,,i thank it for looking after me when i get home from a ride...i apologise for giving it heaps...things like that...lol...(just dont tell anyone!)
If youre struggling to reach the ground ide get the seat redone so you can at least hold the bike up when stopped...they are an awesome bike so you gotta ride it!...Enjoy!...cheers Tal.
20220325_121421.jpg

Welcome from Tucson Arizona Usa
Great intro
Like said trim seat
Maybe a shorter shock with a weaker spring.
High heels lol
I am going to bet as you spend time with this mc you will make it fit you.
There are a few riders in reno always good to ride with a buddy.
Post some pics please
We are here to help. Answer questions
Be friends there is a lot of knowledge here
Good luck
Herman

Welcome
And you are ..... perfectly normal.
It's a beauty, black beast, monster all in one
Think about lower seat maybe?

Hey Guys, I do have a Corbin Gunfighter seat that was modified by Corbin and supposed to be about 2" lower than stock ! Even now my feet are
far from flat , I think maybe another 2" to 3" would do the trick ! Problem is that the bike was not built for us "shorties" ! I have no idea where I could get a lower
seat than the one I now have ........ I have attempted very seriously to obtain some sort of suspension to lower the bike ---but I do not believe such suspension exists , as yet ! Iam a long way from giving up on this gorgeous critter being too big for me ! I WILL tame it eventually.......................( pics . attached)

Attachments

• IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1567.JPG
    IMG_1567.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Welcome from Tucson Arizona Usa
Great intro
Like said trim seat
Maybe a shorter shock with a weaker spring.
High heels lol
I am going to bet as you spend time with this mc you will make it fit you.
There are a few riders in reno always good to ride with a buddy.
Post some pics please
We are here to help. Answer questions
Be friends there is a lot of knowledge here
Good luck
Herman
Thanks Herman---I have 3" lifts in my boots now and it ALMOST works ! The lifts are a bit uncomfortable though , makes it difficult to walk ! I have to carry my
walking shoes on my rides---not too many places to carry shoes on this bike yet ! Bags are on the way ! !

It may not be necessary to have both feet flat on the ground to ride safely. My wife rides well but does not feel comfortable on my Rocket. Good luck.

It may not be necessary to have both feet flat on the ground to ride safely. My wife rides well but does not feel comfortable on my Rocket. Good luck.
May not be necessary to have both feet flat if I were the size of yourself --- but unfortunately I am not & holding up 650 lbs. with one foot planted and
the other dangling in the air is a real trick ! Especially weighing about 120 lbs. such as me ............... Sound "safe" as described ?

Back