New GT Owner - Running USB from under seat

B3ASTIE

Standard Bore
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Hi All

Thanks for letting me join! I'm new to Rocket 3's and am picking up my little beastie in the next couple of weeks and cannot wait!!

Image2.jpeg

I'm having a few pieces added/changed (indicators, mirrors etc.) and am considering asking Triumph to run USB --> USB C cable from under the seat to the front of the bike to power my QuadLock wireless charger.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and if there are any disadvantages or pitfalls to the battery etc. I need to be aware of?

I know the GT comes with a Hella port in front of the Dash, but feeding from the port under the seat seems like a neater idea and then frees up the Hella port for other uses if necessary.

Thanks

Tim

Hi All

Thanks for letting me join! I'm new to Rocket 3's and am picking up my little beastie in the next couple of weeks and cannot wait!!

Image2.jpeg

I'm having a few pieces added/changed (indicators, mirrors etc.) and am considering asking Triumph to run USB --> USB C cable from under the seat to the front of the bike to power my QuadLock wireless charger.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and if there are any disadvantages or pitfalls to the battery etc. I need to be aware of?

I know the GT comes with a Hella port in front of the Dash, but feeding from the port under the seat seems like a neater idea and then frees up the Hella port for other uses if necessary.

Thanks

Tim
I never use my port next to the handle bar but I have all kinds of accessories to connect my phone or GPS if needed.... wonder how many things are you planning to connect? A dual USB adapter for that port will power 2 things already...

Hi Pica. Thanks for this.
The primary reason for wanting to feed a USB --> USB-C cable from under the seat & tank and up to the handlebars is just for neatness and convenience, rather than plugging an adapter into the handlebar port. I do this currently with my Honda CBR and the USB-C cable plugs in under the seat, comes up from the centre of the forks, and neatly plugs into my Quadlock wireless charging mount. It also means I never have to unplug it and it's completely waterproof.

(The ability to leave the handlebar port for other devices (GoPro etc) is a secondary bonus).

Thanks

Back