Help Lost baffle out of Jardine exhaust

Ralsmith

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
I somehow lost a baffle from my jardine exhaust while on the freeway. The tail pipe is 4” or 98mm diameter, looking for suggestions on where to find a replacement baffle either the original jardine or a universal baffle that will fit a 98mm ID tail pipe

@Ishrub, tried looking on google for 98mm baffles and had no luck. I need the expertise and knowledge of wise ones such as yourself. The misses is not very happy with the new sound plus lots of pop and crackle on decel.

I think I will try to weld up one from scratch using the other baffle as a template, hardest part will be making the swagged end that interfaces with pipe at front of muffler as I don’t have any Madrid’s to expand pipe. Local muffler shops no help, nobody seems to know how to form pipe anymore, they just want to install kits

Checked with Harley and most seemed to be for smaller pipes. They have 4” mufflers but have end caps and smaller baffles inside the end caps. Already started making my baffle, welded up the two end pieces today and waiting on my perforated metal to arrive on Wednesday. Took some 2” and 2.5” pipes and cut slots in them to make the shapes I needed then lots of welding and grinding to make the parts.

I somehow lost a baffle from my jardine exhaust while on the freeway. The tail pipe is 4” or 98mm diameter, looking for suggestions on where to find a replacement baffle either the original jardine or a universal baffle that will fit a 98mm ID tail pipe
I have sent a text to Paul Bryant(Viking Exhausts)....he may come on and suggest a fix for you...

Paul,
I appreciate the offer. I have been playing around with the welder and angle grinder this weekend and think I have got this covered. I will post pictures soon of my handwork, shaping pipe into cone shape by cutting 16 slots was tedious but the results turned out well after welding and grinding down the high spots. Just waiting on some 2” perf metal tubing to arrive this week to finish up. If this does not turn out as planned I will email you the details on what I need.
More to follow in a few days

Back