Most deaths on a MC happen at around 27 mph...My hat is full face all the time, I cant control the cagers at any speed.

Ya know, that's a very interesting observation. If you consider that most multi vehicle accidents involving motorcycles happen at intersections then that makes perfect sense. If you also figure that an accident at freeway speeds of say 75 or so will likely involve injuries that go far beyond the ability of any helmet to mitigate, those that wear their full face helmets on the highway and a shorty or no helmet around town may have it backwards.

That full face helmet should do a pretty good job of preserving your good looks while sliding down the road at 27 mph. Missing that turn at 80 and running off the cliff, not so much....

"those that wear their full face helmets on the highway and a shorty or no helmet around town may have it backwards."

I refuse to get into these helmet debates. What someone chooses to wear or not wear is between them and whatever the law dictates. That said, I've often *thought* the same thing. I have a friend that never wears a helmet. The only exception is if he's going on a trip on the interstate. That makes absolutely no sense to me. But again, to each his own and I'm certainly not going to voice my opinion to him. ;)

Yeah, its probably time to switch topics.

Especially since we've gone through 5 pages of back and forth without a peep from the guy who started the thread.

Did I mention that I'm an Amsoil dealer???? ;)

Ya know, that's a very interesting observation. If you consider that most multi vehicle accidents involving motorcycles happen at intersections then that makes perfect sense. If you also figure that an accident at freeway speeds of say 75 or so will likely involve injuries that go far beyond the ability of any helmet to mitigate, those that wear their full face helmets on the highway and a shorty or no helmet around town may have it backwards.

That full face helmet should do a pretty good job of preserving your good looks while sliding down the road at 27 mph. Missing that turn at 80 and running off the cliff, not so much....

Look, motorcycles are freaking dangerous. I'm pushing 60 and have been riding since 21. I just got treated successfully for Hodgkins but it ruined my entire winter. I'm not going to f'ing roast my arse in a full-faced helmet when it's 95 degrees out. I only wear it to keep warm in the winter.

Try this to lighten the mood concerning noggin wear. Go to ebay and search "vintage motorcycle helmets". Can you say Blue Metal Flake, I used to wear one with the clear vented bug eye style goggles. Some of the old brand names are bringing pretty good bucks now days.

Look, motorcycles are freaking dangerous. I'm pushing 60 and have been riding since 21. I just got treated successfully for Hodgkins but it ruined my entire winter. I'm not going to f'ing roast my arse in a full-faced helmet when it's 95 degrees out. I only wear it to keep warm in the winter.

Congratulations on your victory over Hodgkins.

I passed 60 last year, been riding for 46 years, and have lived in Phoenix for 28 years. I find that as long as I'm moving I am relatively comfortable in a full face helmet in temps up to 110. Anything over 110 and I'm in my truck. Now, if the temperature drops below 40 I'm digging out my longjohns. I guess its just a matter of what you're used to.

Here's hoping that you have a much better winter this year!!!

Yeah, its probably time to switch topics.

Especially since we've gone through 5 pages of back and forth without a peep from the guy who started the thread.

Did I mention that I'm an Amsoil dealer???? ;)

Peep...I'm just enjoying the banter with not much to add. You guys have been on here a long time and will let you have at each other without a "new guy" jumping in.

Back