seriously, thanks for all the advice, pics, and links.

The article about the high priced Snell rated helmets verses the DOT helmets was interesting. Anyone have any thoughts they want to share about that?

I don't really pay any attention to the DOT or Snell rating , I buy what I like , whether it be expensive or very reasonable for quality. The fit on my head is the most important and ventilation is up there to, my head seems to like SHOEI on the expensive side and the SCORPION on the very reasonable for the quality. The scorpion is not far from being as good as the SHOEI , and is a third the price......Graphics are nice...Dont want a hat that duzent express........ What I Think I am , with colors I like...I have a lot of Hats!!!!

Dont let what Hat you have , or lack one, on your head keep you from missing what I said earlier about the death rate of bikers being the highest at close to 30 mph.....Yes that is in town. I did not make this up. You can look it up your self .....The ones I now of in this area had both full face and half hats on ....They are still dead!!!!! All but one was close to 30 mph. There has been a lot this year.....So be careful and don't let your guard down in town cuz that is where you have the highest % of being taken out. I am on my toes in town and a nervous wreck...But still having fun.

I can understand some one not wearing a Hat in town and putting one on on the not so free free way....The wind and noise is awful not to mention the eyes and face are taking a beating...All that can be tolerated puttzing around town. Just do not relax in town... Do not trust nothing in that environment...... It will all get you.

I like Amsoil.

Just curious, but perhaps death statistics are higher for under 30MPH because more people live or work in cities that average those speeds than they do around freeways.

Look at murder rates, more people get murdered in a city than they do in the farmland too. That's where you need to look at per capita.

Yes, most accidents happen near home, but how many of those people work within that same radius?

There are more residential dwellings in a city, so by default, the risk of having an accident at city speeds AND within 6 miles of your home is greatly increased over rural settings at highway speeds if you do not use per capita results. There are also more motorcycles/scooters in a city than there are in rural settings so the number of them in 1 mile of road is much higher than 1 mile of highway.

Oh hell! Jump in and join the fracus, and put more bait on the hook/barbs. You've not mentioned your preference?

Well, ok! lol I'm one of those guys who wears a different helmet depending on where and how I'm riding. I've got a half helmet for super hot days. It matches the silver on my rocket. I've got a full face Nolan if I am going to get on it hard on the twisties. I've got a flat black polo and a flat black shorty if I'm riding with some Harley buddies...The bike intimidates the hell out of them, so I try to make them feel a little better with an ugly little helmet that matches theirs...lol. I've got a modular ordered, and at this moment, I cant remember the brand...love Friday tequila. Don't worry, the Rocket is in the garage.

Back