BlueStreak

.040 Over
Whats everyone wearing?

I'm wearing a half helmet, but dont really like the look...sits up too high on my head...I can hear the theme song from the 70's "CHIPS" playing.
Got a shorty ordered for the remaining hot months and then will need a full face.

What looks good with a Rock?

Vega Summit II Modular at all time and out of necessity. The Vega modular is affordable and the interior cushion pieces are removable for washing/cleaning.
The Vega may not hold up to that once in a life time severe impact but neither will my scrambled brain; regardless whether or not it is in a lid of 3 times the price.

The Caberg Trip, above, is appealing though twice the price of a Summit II.

Last edited:
I wear a 3/4 helmet with flip down visor most of the time. I also have a 3/4 open face I wear with the Roadster screen and a Vega flip-up full face for winter.. I also have a regular full face for winter as well.

I wear a carbon fiber, extended half helmet from Advanced Carbon Composites *most* of the time. Here's the link.

Advanced Carbon Composites DOT Helmets#

However, I have a HJC 3/4 with a flip down shield that I wear when I take the windshield off of the bike. The 3/4 cuts the wind whistling noise down significantly. I also have a AFX full-face, flip-up for winter riding. I got it with the bike. I had an Ikon full-face, but sold it. I didn't care for it much.

I'm not sure what the source of this diagram is, but I've seen it around for quite awhile.

Link Removed

You may want to consider the percentage of impact in the facial area when making the decision on what type helmet to purchase.

My next helmet will probably be an HJC Symax-2.

After seeing two results from an accident where the riders chin really took the brunt of the impact with "whatever" I no longer wear the 3/4 helmet style. That diagram brought back the memories of why I switched to full face or modular full face.
Dennis

Back