Pick your lid(s)...

• Total voters

SonOfJorEl

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
This is a personal preference for all, but I'd love to know which type of helmet(s) you wear most while riding your Rockets.

I'd love to know the reason why as well in the comments - is it to assist with drag? Is it purely for looks? Convenience? Some other reason?

Pick your best 2 choices. Cheers!

Last edited:
My half helmet is only used on faring and windshield bikes like my Indians. I use a full face on my rockets for better protection for face and wind noise. Looks matters a lot but comfort and function trump aesthetics.

A Rocket ride deserves a full face. Rocket trainee...
1654096012675.jpeg

Modular full face on the street for all the reasons above and 3/4 on the MSF range as it makes it easier to for the students to hear me. I have worn a half helmet for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride as it was all about presence...
-MIG

Definitely a full face for anything remotely sporty. A lot more comfortable, safe, and IMO match the bike's looks. In general, if I don't have a big fairing to hide behind, I wear a full face. I had a pallet fall off a truck in front of me once on the highway and when it hit the ground in blew up into a thousand shards. I was pulling splinters out of my cheeks for days.

Now I ride a Shoei GT air II. Best lid I've ever owned in 20+ years of wearing them. Worth every penny. Wind tunnel tuned, and luxurious.

Back