Pick your lid(s)...

• Total voters
Full face, thou I am considering a modular when I replace current one. When I bought my first bike back in 69 the dealer included a 3/4 helmet with it. I bought a face shield a week trying to get one that worked. I've worn glasses since I started grade school and my eyes are very sensitive to wind. I was at the Triumph dealer and he showed me a Bell Star he had bought for a dirt tracker he sponsored. I ride and I was hooked. It was quiet, eyes didn't water, and it want like riding in a 110° sandstorm. It wasn't street legal but

I like my modular but even though it has plenty of vents I find myself using the 3/4 mode alot because no matter the # of vents 95° and 75% humidity just kills me. Even my half helmet is chrome for the same reason.

I use a Nolan 4 in 1 (N44)
I own more than 1 motorcycle and ride in different ways: road, off road, touring.
I like the Nolan because it has one of the biggest openings so your peripheral vision is not impaired. Even though the chin bar is removable, I don't. I swap between the peak and the visor depending on how cold it gets and what I'm riding. Takes about 20 seconds. The new model all the different modes require very little fiddling, except for removal of the chin bar.
It is now 6 years old and I suppose it is due for replacement. Beside a few minor marks, it still looks brand new and I like how the intercom system is almost not noticeable. I don't care much for the Robocop helmet look.

I run a Scorpion EXO 100 half helmet when I'm behind a windshield and I know there won't be any heavy rain. With the flyscreen or if I'm gonna travel in heavy rain, a modular with pinlock. I have 2 Scorpion 1/2 helmets, a modular Kabuto Ibuki, another cheap modular and a couple of no name 3/4 helmets I bought years ago when I didn't know better...

1A5F8FB7-5DC4-4FDB-BF1D-7BE3D6317C92.jpeg

Full face here....i Have a HJC...a Shoei GT Air 2 and a xlite 903 which is my favorite....that surface we ride on is the coarsest grade of sandpaper you can get and i dont want my face sliding along on it..

So many choices you have!
It is a bit over the top but I love my hobbies. One of my mottos, “ if it’s worth doing it’s worth over doing”. Choosing my riding or hunting gear is a science for me. My wife makes fun of me all the time for the thought and energy I put into all this stuff.

Back