Hello all, just got my first rocket at 61yrs old

Id like to think we're breaking the mold of geezers our age usually being on hds wearing denim vests and do-rags.
I started by looking at HDs, went to a huge local Bike night (1,500 bikes every Wednesday) and there was almost nothing but HDs, that made my decision to go Rocket. Now at Bike night the crowds walk right past the HDs and circle around my bike. I don't stand by it anymore as my night would be taken over by questions. I drink beer and watch them from a distance. ;)

I started by looking at HDs, went to a huge local Bike night (1,500 bikes every Wednesday) and there was almost nothing but HDs, that made my decision to go Rocket. Now at Bike night the crowds walk right past the HDs and circle around my bike. I don't stand by it anymore as my night would be taken over by questions. I drink beer and watch them from a distance. ;)
👍. When everyone has the same thing its not very interesting.

@ Dale,
Welcome from a Frenchie staying in French Cornwall. I am not looking anymore at the UK Triumph forum because of French bashing.
I feel very comfortable here and learning a lot ! Thanks to most of people on this forum.
I do not care about the jokes with HD. Each time I go for some shopping, there are ladies who enjoy to have a picture sitting on my mint green Road King and then sometimes ready for a ride 👍.
You will see that you will have more success with men, when riding your Rocket 😀

PS: I am a bit younger, still listening The Who, Led Zeppelin,... OMG I am already 66 😎

@ Dale,
Welcome from a Frenchie staying in French Cornwall. I am not looking anymore at the UK Triumph forum because of French bashing.
I feel very comfortable here and learning a lot ! Thanks to most of people on this forum.
I do not care about the jokes with HD. Each time I go for some shopping, there are ladies who enjoy to have a picture sitting on my mint green Road King and then sometimes ready for a ride 👍.
You will see that you will have more success with men, when riding your Rocket 😀

PS: I am a bit younger, still listening The Who, Led Zeppelin,... OMG I am already 66 😎
I suppose harleys arent a numerous there as here. Last "bikefest" i ever went to is probably 90% hd 9% sportbikes and 1% everything else. At that time i was on a resurrected 83 suzuki gs1100. I was sure i was one of a kind. But i like hds. I owned a 63 xlch chopper and a 72 xlh. Those were tough bikes to own especially the 63. Kick start only

Welcome to the club.
You are lucky to have a mechanic that has a clue about the 2nd gear issue.
My 08 jumped out of 2nd the first time I opened her up after the 500 mile break in. Very disconcerting.
Triumph was doing the upgrade kit all under warranty back then.
Good luck with the bike.

I have seen it stripped out and the new bits ready to go back in. I know the guy and have used him for a good while. He’s an independent used bike dealer and workshop in a local village. He is giving me a 3 month warranty on the bike and 6months on the gearbox.
Congrats and good luck with the trans. I got my Rocket Roadster new in 2014 when I was 66. Still riding it at 72. I had my transmission reworked by Robinson Industries. Engine mods by Carpenter racing. 230 HP & 170 ftlbs at the rear wheel.

Back