Hello all, just got my first rocket at 61yrs old

Dale

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket3 classic 2006
Just bought a classic 2006 as in my avatar, had hundreds of bikes in my life but my first rocket. Can’t wait to get it but its having a gearbox rebuild as it was found to be jumping in 2nd gear under hard acceleration whilst on its pre delivery inspection. I decided I still want the bike so the dealer is doing it for me. No doubt ill be asking a few questions soon.

congratulations, the good thing is that you will feel 40 when you out on it. It’s called the Rocket feeling.
I feel like I’m 20 every time I’m out on almost any bike. I’ll be spring/summer/autumn on the rocket and use my pan for the winter rides. Just put a GS1200 in to get the rocket out and I’m really looking forward to being freed from this Covid-19 and getting over to Europe again.

Welcome Dale , Bienvenue from Montreal . If dealer is working on trans let him know that you want to see old parts that have been changed . This for me is very important , Trust everyone & check all their work .
I have seen it stripped out and the new bits ready to go back in. I know the guy and have used him for a good while. He’s an independent used bike dealer and workshop in a local village. He is giving me a 3 month warranty on the bike and 6months on the gearbox.

Just bought a classic 2006 as in my avatar, had hundreds of bikes in my life but my first rocket. Can’t wait to get it but its having a gearbox rebuild as it was found to be jumping in 2nd gear under hard acceleration whilst on its pre delivery inspection. I decided I still want the bike so the dealer is doing it for me. No doubt ill be asking a few questions soon.
Congradulations. Im 63 and got my 1st rocket in august. Always wanted one. I got a thunderbird and it just wasnt doing it for me. Funny thing. I decided i wanted a lighter bike like a bonne but i found my rocket cheaper and traded at a dealership for it. I went larger not lighter. Still want a throw-around bike tho but i digress, welcome. Theres alot of help here. Maybe sometimes too much 😉

Back