Hi all. I have just bought my first Rocket 3, a low mileage 1 owner 2020 GT with some nice extras - panniers, rear rack, bluetooth kit, quickshifter. I have been riding Gen 1 VMaxes for over 20 years so this is quite a change for me. First impressions are really good, and I am looking to put some serious miles on the bike in Scotland in June. That is after I get it started as it refused to after 12 days without being used! Cheers, Jude
V maxes are a bad ass bike. I understand they have quite a bit of acceleration. I hear they can be quicker than a rocket, but seeing that I’ve never ridden one I really can’t say. But the rocket is amazing. I hope they solved the stater problem that my 2008 has if you try and start it up with a low battery it’ll burn the stator up creating a very costly repair

V maxes are a bad ass bike. I understand they have quite a bit of acceleration. I hear they can be quicker than a rocket, but seeing that I’ve never ridden one I really can’t say. But the rocket is amazing. I hope they solved the stater problem that my 2008 has if you try and start it up with a low battery it’ll burn the stator up creating a very costly repair
My current VMax is in my avatar as you can probably guess. It has loads of mods including a 6" swingarm stretch, handmade 80 spoke stainless steel wheels (300 rear, 180 front), a 4 into 1 full Hindle race system (it sounds absolutely demonic), KTM Super Duke forks and lots of other pricey bits and one off parts. It gets loads of attention, but I am now selling as it is no good for distance and I am not getting any younger. It is going on eBay today. It is pretty quick but the Rocket blows into it into the weeds. When I first put it in Sport mode and opened the taps in 2nd and 3rd the torque nearly ripped my arms off. And it handles superbly for such a big old bus. I absolutely love it. But I fancy some mods already, starting with a tail tidy and a custom paint job...

Back