Hello all, just got my first rocket at 61yrs old

Theres alot of help here. Maybe sometimes too much 😉
You can never have too much help... It's just trying to pick the help that's right for you :) Dale, welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase. I guarantee you will be grinning a lot more on that Rocket than you ever would with the Bonnie. I sold my Bonneville America for the Rocket and apart from the nostalgic value wouldn't go back. Rode both bikes across Canada and the Rocket was sooooo much better. Have fun.... replacing rear tires :)

You can never have too much help... It's just trying to pick the help that's right for you :) Dale, welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase. I guarantee you will be grinning a lot more on that Rocket than you ever would with the Bonnie. I sold my Bonneville America for the Rocket and apart from the nostalgic value wouldn't go back. Rode both bikes across Canada and the Rocket was sooooo much better. Have fun.... replacing rear tires :)
What im referring to regatding advice is theres conflicting advise. (Better than none). I just posted today about that regarding open secondaries. O realize now one just has to experiment and decide.

WELCOME!! to our R3 family from Miami, FL. I loved my Thunderbird but traded it for my R3T after the test ride. I'd have kept both if I could... but it wasn't the right time. Enjoy your new Perma-Grin and be sure to share photos and ride reports... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Welcome aboard Dale. The rocket is a hell of a bike in many ways. They are like being with a new lady...over several weeks youre learning new stuff about her every day!....You no doubt will get the 'oh!...that would look good on the Rocket' bug as most of us do and it will transform into "Dale's Rocket" just like that!!...Enjoy and of course enjoy the forum...ask away as there is alot of knowledge in among the members here. Happy Xmas.

Welcome aboard Dale. The rocket is a hell of a bike in many ways. They are like being with a new lady...over several weeks youre learning new stuff about her every day!....You no doubt will get the 'oh!...that would look good on the Rocket' bug as most of us do and it will transform into "Dale's Rocket" just like that!!...Enjoy and of course enjoy the forum...ask away as there is alot of knowledge in among the members here. Happy Xmas.
I’ve already bought an exhaust, seat and saddlebags and it’s not home yet.

Attachments

• C6CEF627-83C0-4B8A-890D-0A6A83D36CD7.png
    C6CEF627-83C0-4B8A-890D-0A6A83D36CD7.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
I’ve got 2 spare new cobras in the garage already as I’m not expecting much more than 2k from a rear as I tend to ride quite spirited shall we say.

Welcome from arizona
I’ve got 2 spare new cobras in the garage already as I’m not expecting much more than 2k from a rear as I tend to ride quite spirited shall we say.

The beast will show u to treat the lady with respect.

Welcome Dale , Bienvenue from Montreal . If dealer is working on trans let him know that you want to see old parts that have been changed . This for me is very important , Trust everyone & check all their work .
I have my parts from the replacement of my second gear in the garage along with all the other bits they replaced from the kit.

Back