Hello all, just got my first rocket at 61yrs old

Just bought a classic 2006 as in my avatar, had hundreds of bikes in my life but my first rocket. Can’t wait to get it but its having a gearbox rebuild as it was found to be jumping in 2nd gear under hard acceleration whilst on its pre delivery inspection. I decided I still want the bike so the dealer is doing it for me. No doubt ill be asking a few questions soon.
Welcome to the nut house
You should let the shop know while there in there they should replace the torsional damper bearings while the have it out. The front one on the shaft is probably in backwards and triumph updated the rear one to a double sealed one. Its worth having them done and paying the shop for the work to change them. Nice Classic though I always loved the two tone choices.

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand on Christmas Day.

I too have an 06 classic.
I had the update kit done on by bike back in 2018. It popped out of 2nd just like yours after giving it far to much jandle only happen about 5 times but well worth the money.
Enjoy your new bike and at 53 I'm a youngster on the Rocket.

WELCOME!! to our R3 family from Miami, FL. I loved my Thunderbird but traded it for my R3T after the test ride. I'd have kept both if I could... but it wasn't the right time. Enjoy your new Perma-Grin and be sure to share photos and ride reports... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Yeah. People on the tbird forum were calling it a harley killer. I think it fell short of that but if was a fine machine 2010 abs in red.

Just bought a classic 2006 as in my avatar, had hundreds of bikes in my life but my first rocket. Can’t wait to get it but its having a gearbox rebuild as it was found to be jumping in 2nd gear under hard acceleration whilst on its pre delivery inspection. I decided I still want the bike so the dealer is doing it for me. No doubt ill be asking a few questions soon.
outstanding...welcome too

Back