Heat shield for Viking pipes

I ride every day in stop and go traffic. All three stop lights within 57 miles is a pain. They are always red.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Traffic is a nightmare. This morning riding home i actually counted five cars between Glen Pool and Okmuggle. (about 40 miles) Talk about rush hour traffic:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Last edited:
Strange that so many people have a problem with Paul's system and the heat. Had Hanso's tune on the bike and it worked out fine. Pipes did get a little hot during the summer in stop and go traffic. Running Claviger's tune pipes are running a lot cooler this summer. Was not much of a issue before but now i do not even think about it. A good tune can make a major difference. Yes it gets very hot during the summer in Oklahoma. 90 degrees plus and very high humidity can be almost unbearable at times. Another factor are exhaust leaks. Even a small leak can make a major difference. Granted they are naked pipes but believe if tuned correctly and no exhaust leaks the pipes work out fine. Not saying your bike is not tuned correctly but it is worth checking out. May work may not. Every time I wash the bike we do a soap test on the pipes. Spray bottle and paint brush. Have not found any leaks since adding double washers to stock acorn nuts. Prior to doubling up washers had a problem with leaks ever so often. Just thought i would share a bit of tribal knowledge. IMG_0536.JPG :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
that's good info Sonny the old double washer trick on Pauls systems had the same issue and used the same low teck method to fix still working a charm

I run Pauls new system bike need a re map and tune gets hot actually glows in the night after hardish 350 k ride home the other night full moon out lads were hootin was havn so much fun felt a warm feeling down my right leg and low a behold my FCKN Triumph ridins pants were on fire emergeny stop carried out and had to pour a can off bourbon and cola over my leg to put it out !! true story

I run Pauls new system bike need a re map and tune gets hot actually glows in the night after hardish 350 k ride home the other night full moon out lads were hootin was havn so much fun felt a warm feeling down my right leg and low a behold my FCKN Triumph ridins pants were on fire emergeny stop carried out and had to pour a can off bourbon and cola over my leg to put it out !! true story

Sounds like the tune is not right Pete.

Bloody waste of good bourbon should have had one of your mates piss on your leg:D

Back