For a Rocket, bars should be at least 34 inches wide, IMO.
Depends on your shoulder width! There is an easy way to get what you're after - IF you have a local friendly machine shop. I found a few bars that were REALLY close to what I was after. Bought the closest and had some SOLID Bungs made up to
1) Add Weight - But inside the grips.
2) Add a BIT of length.
3) Create a 7/8" Bearing surface for the throttle tube.

Depends on your shoulder width! There is an easy way to get what you're after - IF you have a local friendly machine shop. I found a few bars that were REALLY close to what I was after. Bought the closest and had some SOLID Bungs made up to
1) Add Weight - But inside the grips.
2) Add a BIT of length.
3) Create a 7/8" Bearing surface for the throttle tube.

Why 7/8" (22mm) bar and not stick to 1" (25.4mm) w/o need to make throttle tube bearing surface or are you proposing just 7/8" bungs to extend a 1" bar and then have room for your throttle tube bearing?

Also I suppose 22mm bars would be more flexible and could fulfill your statement re vibration in a previous post.

Not for a moment and don't forget us foreigners at Christmas as I know you love Post Offices and their charges.;):D

Wow! You recall my diatribe versus the USPS!!!
Always a source of impression you be, Ish!

or are you proposing just 7/8" bungs to extend a 1" bar and then have room for your throttle tube bearing?
That.

My first attempt had a full-grip-length section reduced to 22mm (was easier to get the right fit from IGUS off the shelf). The entire set of bars are 1/8 wall Stainless and are resin filled. HEAVY barely covers it. This is a "SHORT & STIFF" model.

The latest bars were Khromewerks Sweeper 2+2. Like the 'bul spec's (which are **** close to theei basic Sweeper 2) but 2 inch more back. 32" wide.
But (I realized in advance) the M/C hose bolt would touch the bars on fitting so I knew I'd need to widen a bit.
So I knocked up two 3" by 1" Stainless weights from 1" bar. Reduced 1" to be a snug fit inside the Khromewerks bars (fixed with Epoxy) and drilled/tapped for the Barkbusters. (upped to M8 from stock M6) - This is a FLEXY with DAMPING WEIGHTS model.
On the throttle side I machined the end 20mm (or 25 or 30 can't remember) down to 22mm OD. The Avon grips waggled a bit less than the OEM grips at the cluster end so could see no need to do a full length 7/8" bearing section.
The bugger with the Avon grips is that if you need open ends you also need to take a hacksaw to them (this is the official Avon solution) - I used a lathe.

Hey, ISH!
Find someone to make me some bars to these specs. :inlove :thumbsup:
xMy-Bars1.jpg

Have you checked out all these offerings from a US manufacturer/company?

Chubby Custom Handlebars for Harley Davidson, Wild 1 Chubby Handlebars, parts and accessories

This is my 2016 Roadster with "Thunderbike NZ" teebars, Rivco risers fitted with no cable length increase required, just rerouting. I'm 6ft 2in and
20170429_173951.jpg
my hands are in an easy,comfortable position in front of me. My back is straight with no pain on longer rides...real good!.

My issue is short arms and long torso.
I need a 14" pullback with a 10" or 11" rise and a 34" to 35" width.
Been looking for a long time and the only custom maker I found declined.

Those thunder bars are cool, @Claviger has them, but a tad low and way too far forward for me.

My issue is short arms and long torso.
I need a 14" pullback with a 10" or 11" rise and a 34" to 35" width.
Been looking for a long time and the only custom maker I found declined.

Those thunder bars are cool, @Claviger has them, but a tad low and way too far forward for me.
i just added the rivco risers to fix that...

Back